• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Looking for guidance

ADA

I have a 6'x2'x2' sitting wrapped in my garage next to a 4'x18"x2' I'm setting up the 6ft first but I'm in a pickle, want around 7000lph but that means 2x FX6 filters, prob is no inline diffusers or heaters fit. Do I go with 2x EFX600 plus a koralia or go with 3x EFX600? Thoughts would be appreciated.

Steve

Not many replies to this then:)

Its a biggy tank you got there, do let us see it as you progress.

I would just filter the tank to the parameters you need to turn over the water around the 10 times in an hour which means big filters and maybe power heads. You could use any pump or filter in addition, which has the pipe diameter to suit your inline diffuser and heater. I don't see it need to be attached to the main filters at all.

Harry

I've also seen people split the pipe from fx5/fx6 filters into 2 smaller outlets and putting heaters and diffusers on them. There won't be as much pressure going through the pipe, but there should be enough water going through to diffuse co2.

Hmmm so how about 2 x efx600 which is 4400lph plus a 3000lph koralia to get 7400lph, tank is 680L. Other reason I'm put off the FX filters is their black pipes, dual outlets etc, I want to use Lily's but I don't want 3 sets of them either lol, tricky one but was hoping the 2 efx plus koralia will do it?

Be careful with the Aquamanta EFX 600. The inlet and outlet pipes are 32 MM. Just for Information

Here's a picture of the instruction manual for efx 600
8tex.jpg

For the price of 2 of those I could buy an ADA ES2400 which is for tanks 180cm x 60cm x 60cm

Work out flow rate though from the ada es2400. Plus it doesn't come with heaters etc.
You could always get an eheim 2260. Beast of a filter and allows incline heaters and diffuser

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Back