• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Lost in Oblivion" 27 litres

Really Liking this, and do agree that the change in placement has helped alot.

I like the name a lot and as Mark posted, it is quite personal thing!

:)

Gill said:
Really Liking this, and do agree that the change in placement has helped alot.

Thanks, I'ts surprising how much a minor adjustment can do!

I like the name a lot and as Mark posted, it is quite personal thing!

:)
Happy to hear that. :)

The tank seems to be doing well so far. Not much growth yet, but I did'nt expected that since shipping of the plants took 4 days and I only use EasyCarbo as CO2 supplement. Most plants seems to be okay though... Except small parts of the HC and some of the moss on the wood looks a bit brown. But again, that's not strange, when the shipping time was so long in cold weather...
I will update with some pics later today...

Thanks, sanj. The filter is an Eden 501. Substrate's seachem fluorite black.

Bad news. :( Got a breakout of tread algae, I think it's rhizoclonium og spirogyra... And most of the leaves on the bolbitis are turning black and rottens. The HC don't look to good either and i haven't observed any growth.

I don't know if it's just impossible to get good balance with 1 watt/l and only EasyCarbo as CO2 supplement...

It's my experience that bolbitis doesn't really like easy carbo.

Maybe that why it's melting away then...

bolbitis takes a while to get going in newer environments too.

Made some changes to the layout today. Will post pics when the water has cleared. I can reveal that it now has an open foreground with sand.:)
BTW... Is there any way to trim C. helferi?

Re: "Lost in Oblivion" - Now with open foreground!

A quick shot of the tank:
PICT0007.JPG

I might do some minor changes, but you get the idea... :D What do you think?

Its very nice as well as before the changes. The sand looks great as well. May i suggest to try and arrange the biggest rock so it has an angle rather than be horizontal. Now my eyes have a bit of a conflict because all small rocks are somehow pointing to the center and the big one is lying flat. Tilting the right end of the big rock would give you more triangle looking scape as well because your helferi is concentrated in the right and the left is rather empty. :thumbup:

May i ask also what sort of sand is it?

I agree with your critique on the rocks. They don't really look natural now and I'm in the progress of improving it. Will keep you updated!:)

Re: "Lost in Oblivion" 27 litres - new layout!

Well, I just could'nt get it working with only EC, the plants weren't doing well. So I've ordered a nano CO2 kit. :D
I've decided to make a new layout and this time I'm using rocks only:
PICT0005.JPG

I'm going for a layout with a lot of stemmed plants. I thinking of H. micranthemoides, bacopa (not sure), R. wallichii (for a spot of red, think it will complement the dragon stone nicely), glosso, and a lot of Taiwan moss.

My idea with the moss is to place it between the two main rocks and hoping it will grow like in this 'scape: http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2 ... l=1&id=190

I'm not sure if i need another midground plant, what do you think?

Antoni Dimitrov said:
I like this one better and the idea is great, I hope it will work out well for you!

I'm glad to hear that, Antoni!

I have recieved the CO2 kit, but I'm still waiting for the plants. They will arrive next week, hopefully.

Back