Messing about

Kezzab

Bored. So stuck scraps of MC, repens and rotala along with a sad sarracenia in the glass front from a washing machine door and stuck it in the green house. We'll see what happens...
20200424_135107.jpg

Kezzab

Hi, the whole point of this for me is to bodge it and use whatever you have lying around. Its just general compost mixed with some sand. I chucked in some soil acidifier because apparently sarranecia like that. Water is kept so theres usually about 1cm above soil level, i have to top up daily.

Just try similar with any old aquarium plant trimmings you have. Keep the whole thing covered or in a clear bag at first then gradually let more air in to harden the plants off, then voila.

Ive just planted some hygrophila s53b and i stuck the tank cuting straight in to the soil quite deep, didnt bother trying to acclimatise. All the leaves died but new growth is coming through now.

Give it a bash. But if it ever gets trimmed ill send you some bits.
K

Kezzab

When I rescaped my nano a month ago I chucked the unreused plants in a bowl and left them in the green house. We have had a couple of light frosts since then but everything is surviving ok.
Interesting to see the Riccia growing emersed.
I presume it will all die off once the temperature really drops, but we'll see.

20201003_113949.jpg