• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo

Back from the LFS.

Water readings with Sera products

Tank water (last wc was 5 days ago)

gH: stopped measuring at the 23rd drop of reagent. No reading by that point
kH: 14

Tap water
gH: stopped measuring at the 20th drop of reagent. No reading by that point
kH: 8

Back from the LFS.

Water readings with Sera products

Tank water (last wc was 5 days ago)

gH: stopped measuring at the 23rd drop of reagent. No reading by that point
kH: 14

Tap water
gH: stopped measuring at the 20th drop of reagent. No reading by that point
kH: 8

so, what is the GH? I never use liquid gh test, just test strips.
Seeing the KH, you may have something in the tank that raises KH. May be some stones, seriyu stone or something like that?

Hi all

If I'm not wrong you have to multiply by 17.8 to get the reading in ppm of CaCO3, so about 400 to 480 ppm of CaCO3, anyway very hard water

Jordi

Well GH is >> 23/GH units ;)
I do have some locally collected stones that could affect kH. Its balsat stone like this.
IMG_1582%252520sheeted%252520dikes.jpg

Well GH is >> 23/GH units ;)
I do have some locally collected stones that could affect kH. Its balsat stone like this.
IMG_1582%252520sheeted%252520dikes.jpg
I would bet this hardness come from your tap water. Do you live in a limestone area? I've just seen that some mountain ranges in Cyprus are pure limestone.

Jordi

I would bet this hardness come from your tap water. Do you live in a limestone area?
Hi Jordi tap water is mostly from desalination plants. Anyways people here have shown very successful growths/tanks with water described as "liquid rock" :crazy:

Anyways people here have shown very successful growths/tanks with water described as "liquid rock" :crazy:
Yup, I also have liquid rock in my tap and I have been able to grow in it many plants successfully. But to be honest I find the tank management easier now that I cut it with rainwater. It is not really what is called soft water but medium (400-500 microS, KH4, GH10). I could cut it more but I don't want to carry more water. I agree that you can grow plenty of plants with this water but now that I have tried both, I prefer the softer one.

Jordi

Back