• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 90l tank

Sorry about the dwarfs, unfortunately they seem to be a weakened strain nowadays. Honey gourami are a much better option.
Cheerio,

I agree, I should have done more research before I bought the Dwarf Gouramis but I'd always wanted them and wrongly believed that the new LFS where I got them had a "good source". In hindsight, I don't think there is any such thing anymore when it comes to that species.

Hopefully these will be as hardy as the Pygmy Corys and Ember Tetras who have been happy in the tank for more than a year now...

Dwarf gouramis are a struggle to keep alive it seems, and if they stick around long enough in the LFS you can usually see them break out with the iridovirus. But the Honeys seem blessedly resistant to this virus, even if they are housed together with Dwarfs. Honey gouramis are lovely fish and I have no doubt you will grow to love them 😊

I'm waiting until I have another tank ready to accept the trimmings as I can't bear to throw them out!
I am so on the same page on this. It goes against every fibre to contemplate throwing out perfectly viable cuttings.

Just a small update- the Dwarf Gouramis died fairly quickly, my research says that they usually do. :( Won't be trying them again.
I think this makes my mind - I've been contemplating Dwarf Gouramis - they are beautiful - but I think I will go Pearl instead.

Simon

Have you dosed the Panacur yet?
I'm sure some folks will have different opinions but I wanted to warn you about panacur based on my own experience.
I dosed it a few months ago and wish I hadn't.
I dosed the recommended dosage in my 125litre and it was awful. The powder didnt dissolve properly and pretty much coated the plants. Over the next few days the plants began shutting down and algae started dominating everything. Honestly within a day the glass would be covered again. As advised, I didnt do a water change until 7 days time because I wanted the planaria to die and for the panacur to work. Otherwise it would have all been for nothing.
After all these knock on effects the water quality must have suffered and I lost 6 Rummynose due to some odd fungus and I lost 10 Cherry shrimp.
Finally the tank is recovering. At least the planaria are dead.
Just by 2 pence.

Back