• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first - "3 of life" :)

Tanks guys. :)

Hi Martin, yes it is rather funny how trends devolve and evolve back. If you search for old 18 and 19 century aquarium drawings and lithography you actualy find only open top setups with emersed growth, more paludarium than aquarium. Probably was just normal and the only option to get light in there. Since the artificial light era aquariums had to be closed for some reason, probably a trend set thing to achieve things previously impossible having submersed growth only. An active group of trend setters deviding the hobby into terrarium paludarium, vivarium and aquarium and spreading a certain phylosophy how it should be setup. All the aquarium books i grabed from the library as a kid i indeed do not remember 1 showing open top setups.. And never showed an aquarium plant in it emersed form.. As a kid the information that i actualy was dealing with swamp plants rather growing emersed never came to me.. Tho i had one cold water open top myself in the garden back in the early 70's. But still doing this tropical didn't occure to me..

It might be internet and the eas of spreading information, showing people other options and possibilities.. I guess Amaono probably did open top with emersed growth when we still where in dipers. As for me back then i had to get the idea to buy expensive magazines to be confronted with other trends, which i never did because as a kid i rather did spend my pocket-money on my tanks than on magazines. So i didn't buy them didn't read them, only had a brother in law who also had a tank, for the rest there was nobody else to share ideas with. Now internet is the magazine spreading new ideas via social media. :clap::woot:

For me it was internet and it's forums like UKAPS bringing me back to the hobby after 25 years and build some like this. Never would have gotten the idea without it i guess and still was stuck in the old fashion thinking of tank with a lid i still knew from the old days which i was rather done with.

Wel this afternoon i was playing around with the camera and trying some video editing.. :nailbiting: Well it is far from the best video ever, but it's a start.. And since the tank is a bit of a recovering from a major algae outbreak and did i destroy rather a bit to much carpet which still needs to grow back.. So i still have some time to work on my camera techniques for the next update.. Anyway let me bother you with my first 5.30 minute tour the force around my tank. Next one will be better with more lush substrate growth and shot in the evening. :)

Here are some stills that go with it..
DSCF6530 (Kopie).JPG

Kleiner Bähr is taking me for a ride, it seems to be spars with opening here flowers, she opens only one at the time which lives about 2 days and then she opens the other. So a picture with a stem full of flowers seems to be out of the question.:what: But they still are beautiful.. :woot:
DSCF6534 (Kopie).JPG

:hungry:

Really enjoyed reading through your journal. Wish I had your DIY or aquascaping skills. The LED light fixture looks brilliant.

Well thanks a lot all, realy great you're enjoying it.. :) Keeps me goin.. :thumbup:

Kleiner Bähr keeps comming.. :) Has a new plantlet on the flower stack..
DSCF6887 (Kopie).jpg

And still flowering..
DSCF6909.jpg

And made a second flower stack as well.. Where does it end..
DSCF6901 (Kopie).JPG

Also something new comming up.. But not yet..
DSCF6916 (Kopie).JPG

:woot:

Back