• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My first - "3 of life" :)

Just freaking a bit with my camera, with shutter and diafragma.. Well conclusion i definitively need extra light.. It's work in progress.. :) But might as well just show the results so far. That's the best i could get out of it with the light available at the time..

D11 - 10/13 - iso 400

Anyway the new echinodurus flower stalk was the trigger to try..
DSCF6972 (Kopie).JPG

DSCF6976 (Kopie).JPG

And the little rooting new plantlet on the old flower stalk..
DSCF6980 (Kopie).JPG

And this is with daylight available, in the evening i can't get this without extra artificial lights, even with daylight i get to short..

Beautiful emerse growth! My Echinodorus Reni used to send flowers stalks above the water level, but never leaves; good job !

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Roy :)
Beautiful emerse growth! My Echinodorus Reni used to send flowers stalks above the water level, but never leaves; good job !

Thank you for the compliment, actualy it aint so hard to make them do that.. Just shade them and feed them with extra roottabs, it will be forced to grow towards the light in this case emersed. As you see it comes up behind the rest of the emersed growth. Which hangs as a canopy over the echinodorus. But i guess it can do without being shaded as well.. Feed it heavily and then it'l grow large and first it'l stick out some submersed leavetips, don't trim these away and when they start to dry out just let them be.. The plant is triggered that way to shoot out emersed leaves which are different as you see less sword like and more oval on a very long stem. Then it'l stop making submersed leaves and shoot only long stems up which leaf only unfold once fully emersed. By that time you can cut off all submersed left overs wich have dried out tips anyway. I have 2 of them placed next to eachother, i try the other to go back to fully submersed again. So i will have both forms together.

The submersed part of the tank is heavily trimmed and reconstructed lately, unfortunately with slow growers. Takes a while before al is grown back. :) Then i'll take some pics..

Don't know how I missed this journal definitely must need these.......
upload_2016-5-23_6-27-17.png
.....great work, lovely pictures...and great DIY too boot!
Excellent stuff Marcel!
hoggie

Thanks for the likes guys.. And thank you very much for the nice reply Hoggie.. :)

Echinodorus kleiner bähr is going mental and reached an impressive 70cm by now. And i have the idea it's not about to stop, right in the middle you see a smaller leaf, that's a new young one not fully develloped and already about the same height as the biggest. I can't keep up with it, i was hanging the lights bit higher every week, but now i have to stop doing that or else i wont get enough anymore for the tank. It's already getting pretty dark in there with all the shading from the emersed growth.. That's why i swapt all the rotala's out an dreplaced it with some crypts.. But it's getting difficult to take pictures from the submersed part. Have no light left for that. At least not with the tank lights..
fot.jpg

Also that kleiner bähr baby is growing like crazy and got a second one comming. I have no idea what to do with them for the future, eventualy they will become to big to stay there, i guess they go on the window sil..
DSCF7173 (Kopie).JPG

DSCF7170 (Kopie).JPG

There's a little pink spider decided it to be it's home. You see it as a little pink dot on the second leaf from the left. First time ever i've seen a pink spider..
DSCF7169 (Kopie).JPG

Even the snails come out and like to explore the emersed growth.
DSCF7182 (Kopie).JPG

It does look quite dark in the tank.

Thanks Neil.. :) For HD photography it is realy dark in there, nearly impossible without additional light, which i unfortunately do not have at the moment. But the hair grass carpet is still booming, so for that and viewing it in real time it still is sufficient.. The only plants not cooping with it were the rotala's. had to take 'm out, except the Mexicana goyas, this one dissapeared by itself.. Pitty actualy kinda liked that one the most, still have very litlle in there, but i'm afraid it's not going to make it. :thumbdown:

Wow. You have an amazing tank zozo. I like your emersed plants. They will move to your room in the future :)

Thank you Marius, They certainly will, probably sooner than expected.. I took kleiner bähr baby out today and i was just on time, it almost rooted into the substrate from the top of the tank. Darn that thing is growing! :eek: Or maybe just trim off the long roots and put it back on top for a while.. :) Dunno yet.. Have to look at it for i while and scratch..

DSCF7186 (Kopie).JPG

Here also some Rotala Indaca fllowers.. Notice in the back the Aeschynomene fluitans closed it leaves because of me fiddling around there on the echinodorus. :)

DSCF7206 (Kopie).JPG

Thanks everybody for the likes..

Do you also have an topic where you build your LED lighting.

And thank you Mannic05, unfortunately i never documented this build. But it actualy is relatively straight forward and all is screwed together. from acrylic, alloy smd led strip, led strip U profile, with a saw, drill and a M3 and M4 tap.. It hangs at the ceiling with a standard AquaMedic Aquafit 2 cable set. In this topic i placed some detailed pictures of it. :)

Marcel, this is an epic tank but it really requires a DIY Kessil type of light to highlight areas of it. Time for you to get into action..... [ I am going to copy.. :) ]

Back