• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Garden Experiment

View attachment 217959

View attachment 217960

For A. Pedicatella, I feel that algae and stunting are separate (but related) issues.

Algae
often happens on the lower leaves. For example in the photo above, the stem on the left has been suffocated by the Synoganthus for the longest time. Once the stem grew taller than the Synoganthus and saw unobstructed LED light for the first time , I think it puts its energy into growing the leaves that are exposed to the LED light while the leaves in darkness were 'deprioritised' (mobile nutrients channelled to the leaves receiving more light):D Hence, you can see the algae on the lower leaves while the top looks ok.

Stunting appears to be related to hard water (TDS 200ppm+) AND/OR overly rich water column dosing.
Yeah I have 300-350 tds water from tap, so do you think it is not possible to grow it with my water?

Yeah I have 300-350 tds water from tap, so do you think it is not possible to grow it with my water?

The truth is that I don't know whether it is possible to grow A. Pedicatella in 300-350 tds water - i haven't tried so I have no experience.

Back