• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Garden Experiment

I am using both WRGB2 Pro and Week Aqua P900 for my 90P. I've mentioned elsewhere my strictly personal opinions:

P900 - app still not as good as WRGB2, comparable brightness, reddish tone if reds are pumped too high. Has cooling fans that are pretty silent but thats another moving part that can fail. Usually much cheaper thant WRGB2 in many countries.
WRGB2 Pro - great app, Inclusion of White channel helps a lot. Slightly more 'accurate' colours compared to the P900. Price difference between Pro and P series not that large in my country.
Unless I missed it originally the WRGB2 Pro App also now includes tracked per tank maintaince records/activity, as well as quite in depth tank details including plants.

I really am warming to it quite a bit now, though I do think the addition of the WiFi Hub helps immensely, especially as it's supprisingly cheap at circa £20.

It's still not perfect, but is certainly improving.

@nijat11 can post new photo? interested to see how the plants are doing!
Hi! I have some photos, but after treaming, also was struggling with GSA. Now away for 2 weeks.

Attachments

• IMG20231201164639.jpg
    IMG20231201164639.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG20231128160409.jpg
    IMG20231128160409.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG20231201164653.jpg
    IMG20231201164653.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG20231207134152.jpg
    IMG20231207134152.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 74
Nice, I always like a surface shot!
View attachment 213652
I've been thinking of how to get a nice surface shot without the reflection of lights on the water surface. I guess you need a light fixture that it really high up?

@nijat11 - thanks for the photos. Plants look healthy. The Sphaerocarpa (or Polycarpa - I can't tell which is which) look like they have grown bigger while the A.Pedicatella Golden looks about the same size (the stems should be growing thicker). In my experience, Sphaerocarpa grows slower then A. 'Golden'....

Some small update. I have been away two weeks and this aquarium got algae, lost ludwigia meta and changed it with ludwigia white, added some other plants, get rid of carpet and trimmed

Attachments

• IMG20240107205037.jpg
    IMG20240107205037.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 75
So I get BBA on some leaves, still do not understand what is my mistake. Planning to start to dose some easy carbo and see how it will go.

Also, switched from Tropica to EI dosing

Assuming you are still using tap water at 300ppm, when you add on EI dosing, some say that lythracaea will stunt (my experience is that A.Pedicatella will stunt in EI).

Will be extremely interesting to see if you can succeed with A. Pedicatella in EI + 300ppm tap where others have failed (I had to switch to lean dosing to grow that plant) ! Let us know the secret if you succeed!

Assuming you are still using tap water at 300ppm, when you add on EI dosing, some say that lythracaea will stunt (my experience is that A.Pedicatella will stunt in EI).

Will be extremely interesting to see if you can succeed with A. Pedicatella in EI + 300ppm tap where others have failed (I had to switch to lean dosing to grow that plant) ! Let us know the secret if you succeed!
It also was not growing properly with lean dosing. Also I dont dose much macro and it still does not grow :D

My summary:
your DC is too yellow
you have too much light
a HOB filter is not efficient for a high light tank
and judging by the color of your rotala you have too much NO3
dounle/ triplle the Tropica
Dosing EI in combination with soil will cause more problems, specially if the tankis is not matured enough
what are your water parameters? esp. NO3-PO4 -pH

My summary:
your DC is too yellow
you have too much light
a HOB filter is not efficient for a high light tank
and judging by the color of your rotala you have too much NO3
dounle/ triplle the Tropica
Dosing EI in combination with soil will cause more problems, specially if the tankis is not matured enough
what are your water parameters? esp. NO3-PO4 -pH
For getting better flow I have put one eheim pump. I could switch back to tropica, what is your recommendation for dosage, it says 5 pumps for 100 liters, but in my experience it does not work. You mean no3 and po4 from tap or after adding fertilizer?

For getting better flow I have put one eheim pump. I could switch back to tropica, what is your recommendation for dosage, it says 5 pumps for 100 liters, but in my experience it does not work. You mean no3 and po4 from tap or after adding fertilizer?
You mentioned that this tank is your experimental tank since you have a 'main tank', so please keep up the EI experiment for a few weeks so that we can learn whether these plants can grow with EI..... :)

Wow, what an aquarium!

The two things I instantly noticed when looking at the video were the presence of surface agitation and, as the camera moved around the aquarium, you could be a fair amount of leaves gently waving around. So we can say that oxygen exchange and flow through the tank was good and uniform.

FI could switch back to tropica, what is your recommendation for dosage, it says 5 pumps for 100 liters, but in my experience it does not work. You mean no3 and po4 from tap or after adding fertilizer?
In my experience, the recommended amount does not work. I know scapers who are up to 6x the recommended dose.
The NO3 and PO4 values if you have added nutrients. For a lean dose ADA approach, they recommend up to 2ppm NO3 and up to max. 0.5 ppm PO4

Back