• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature Path 2

Definite CO2 distribution issue then.

Excel does help plants, not a 100% substitute for CO2 as far "weaker". Also does melt some plants even in small doses.

Does however kill BBA and some BGA. Either spot dose from a squirter/syringe onto BBA or dip affected plants in a diluted solution. If solution is too strong or dipped for too long will kill the leaves, bit of trial and error unfortunately. Or single dose at x5 (or x10) to kill all BBA in one go. Does work, but again can kill plants and fish...so be careful.

Have dipped all 4 stone inside excel solution diluted with 1:10 tap water. Then rinse it and drop back in. Will be grabbing the fertiliser and drop checker. Test kit gonna wait a little as it only arrive next week.

Lighting to 4 hour now too. and co2 to come on 2 hour before lighting and switch off 1 hour before lighting end @ 1.5bps

To prevent further spreading of BGA. I have removed the moss on the stone.

Bought 20 fire red and 3 yamato shrimp as cleanup crew. And Borneo wild minirock and cholla wood as recommend by the shop for the shrimp.

Manage to bought the API test kit.
PH : 6.6-6.8
Ammonia : should be 0 or 0.25
Nitrite : should be 0
Nitrate : should be 10-20
Gh : 3°
KH : 6-7°

Current livestock : 20 fire red shrimp, 3 yamato shrimp and one oto.

Am doing water change of 20% every 3-4 day.
Should I be doing more frequently water change?

The co2 checker is yellow even after co2 is off. Have shifted my lily pipe outlet higher to agitate the surface to provide more oxygen.

Test result for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate as they are a bit hard to judge.
https://imgur.com/gallery/0Oao9

Day 50 update.

o0ozVVl.jpg

Right side of the tank. The downoi has growth in nicely. Didn't notice the growth till I took the photo and compare it to when it was just planted.

gITEVVj.jpg

Left side of the tank. Hirsuta spreading slowly.

gb6IZ55.jpg

At the back the 4 leaf clover has spread nicely too.

k73PVWQ.png

Finally the full tank shot

There quite a bit of green circle algae at the middle section of the tank glass and some on the 4 leaf clover and nana petite.

My photoperiod is at 6 hour now. With 1 ml of tropica premium fertilizer and 1.5bps of co2.

I notice that there some leakage in my co2 system.

The water inside the bubble counter will slowly disappear and be gone in around 2 day. I tested that it's still functioning as I switch off the filter and notice there's bubble coming out from the inline diffuser.

Would only be able o troubleshoot over the weekend due to work.

Tank parameter are as below
PH : 6.6
Nitrite : 0
nitrate : 0
KH : 3 drop = 3 dKH
GH : 9 drop = 161.1ppm GH/KH
TDS : 181

PS : fire red has given birth sometime ago and the baby has gotten to a size where it easy to spot. But the adult had die every 2 day or so till 7 are left.

They have been stable now for 5 day. So here a picture of them eating spinach
IMG_20180402_113950.jpg

Last edited:
Day 69, 22/4/2018 update.

Tank parameter
PH 6.8 - 7
Ammonia 0-0.25 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5 ppm
KH 4dKH
GH 179 ppm GH/KH
Tank TDS 277 , tap water untreated TDS 95, treated with safe TDS 142

Gotten one medium size Echinodorus Iguazu 2009 on 11/4/18, love the big dark green leave. 2 small sample of nana "white" currently just floating around as i haven't figure out where to place them.

AovwHdb.jpg

FTS

jqhbtSQ.jpg

Left side, the white nana has gotten stuck there.... just gonna let it be there till i figure out where i want to place it at.

mT6aOOM.jpg

Center area showcasing the nana petite and Iguazu 2009.

WLJjHtn.jpg

Right side, downoi doing great! Manage to trim 4 side growth and replant them. Hydrocotyle tripartita growing nicely at the back. Plan to let them grow freely and cover the background.

Am starting to see tiny transpant worm moving in the front glass. Should be planaria. Gonna cut back on feeding with these specialize feed and just do boil spinach

Last edited:
Been so long, here another update of day Day 96, 19/5/18. Can't believe it over 100 over days now.

Haven't been updating much. Gotten some new plant, Echinodorus A Flame was the name on the label. Really love the maroon colour of it. It has since been moved to the substrate as one of my glass pod broken. Propagating Echinodorus Iguazu is my priority so it when to iguazu instead.
90WKUob.jpg

Full Tank Shot
ZxEjw9H.jpg

Left side
XRSeg9y.jpg

Right Side, downoi are growing very smoothly. I'm doing trimming every 3-4 week. Manage to trade 10 stalk of them for other stuff ^^ so my background has been planted with them now.
uuhCgFh.jpg

Center, my Nana petite "carpet" with some nana "coin" as label by LFS.
Qm4GzaY.jpg

Last but not least, my iguazu cutting which has grow new root/leaf!
Lka4yqu.png

Iguaze 2
UticfIn.png

Growing it with leaves touching the water surface seem to promote growth, the one in the plastic tub totally submerged has no new growth yet. Hopefully it will be successful in recovering. As its my first time cutting them to propagate, they ain't the prettiest.
fX49Gr9.png

Try posting in the Technical/Help Forum
- I suspect London Dragon will get you sorted in no time :)

Day 123, nearly 4 month has pass since i started this tank. The sole iguazu i bought has been propogated to a total of 3 piece and now it has become a total of 5 piece now. Due to my inexperience, one of the 3 piece didn't really recover. i still have it inside my tank but it doesn't look to be growing.

And one of the 3 piece had a side shot growing. It has been detached and move to my emersed plant setup. Finger cross now!
kGyGuDS.jpg

Mandatory full tank shot

uuLGZTY.jpg

Left side, the Christmas moss has taken over the rock now. Looking so fluffy, baby shrimp love to be in it. Good stuff.

wi7pCMa.jpg

Right side, worry of the health of downoi as the iguazu is blocking quite a bit of light.

XPndfL6.jpg

My beloved nana petite carpet has been mess up by the hirsuta pushing the nana petite on lava rock up and away. QQ

eE7uJim.jpg

The Aflame has been growing nicely, it was at the back of the tank so i couldn't see what i'm taking. Thus the poor quality of the photo

8sRGsc3.jpg

The baby side shoot from the mother plant of iguazu.

Back