• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nelson's nano 2.......rescaped.

Re: nelson's nano 2

For me it has to be the second to last scape. I find the "mountains" on the right on the last one a bit uniform. If HC is not an option how about hair grass? My boy shay's was pretty impressive with grass alone.

Best wishes, T

TBRO said:
For me it has to be the second to last scape. I find the "mountains" on the right on the last one a bit uniform. If HC is not an option how about hair grass? My boy shay's was pretty impressive with grass alone.

Best wishes, T
well thanks T.now you've got me thinking again :twisted: :lol: .
the tank is only 10 inches high so think hairgrass will get too tall.

ok,after T's comment :twisted: ,made some minor changes.

better or worse :?: .

from this
nano2018.jpg

to this
nano2t.jpg

I like it ! That back right corner seems to trail off into the distance now :) I think planting might be difficult though, it may ruin the scale of things? I hope that's not the case :)

SteveUK said:
I think planting might be difficult though, it may ruin the scale of things? I hope that's not the case :)
yeah,think glosso will be too big.was considering giving HC one last try,again :lol: .
Paulo has just suggested a moss carpet on LFKC :idea: .

looks great. nice to see something different :thumbup:

i would be also temped by a moss carpet. if not i would put a little in the cracks at the bases of the stones, like the one right in the centre. it should creep up the rock and look really natural :D

look foward to the updates.

Nelson

That looks cool!

My vote is for HC, as the scale of the plant would work with the scape.

Otherwise something with fine or delicate leaves would work too.

cheers again everyone :D .
have seen that tank George.just want to do forground plants/plant.thanks though ;) .
thinking of using Paulo's suggestion of a fissidens carpet.with a little bit in some cracks like Sam said.

well i just couldn't help myself.my brain told me fissidens carpet but my itchy fingers told me HC.couldn't wait to sort the fissidens.
now its done not really happy with it :( .reckon HC is too big.i realise submersed growth will have smaller leaves but still not sure about it.don't even know why i'm talking about submersed growth since i've never managed to grow it before :lol: .
think it will shortly be fissidens.see you soon Paulo ;) :lol: .

nano2028.jpg

Like I said Neil, bring the mesh cut to size and I will fill it with a nice cover of fissidens, then give it a couple of months and you will be amazed how good it looks, plus you only have to trim it once every 6 months!!

Also if you want something a bit taller to go between the rocks I can give you some flame moss?

TBRO said:
Also if you want something a bit taller to go between the rocks I can give you some flame moss?
cheers T.
going to stick with the HC until i sort out the fissidens and just have that.

cheers katroc.
your first post to comment on my tank :D .

not a lot to say.just a pic from today to show how its going.

day 1
nano2028.jpg

day 8
nano2030.jpg

that i some great growth in 8 days, nice one. I guess the drop checker colour is a clue to the reason :thumbup:

Chris

thanks chris

SteveUK said:
Wow Neil, that's some good growth for 8 days! What are you dosing, pixie dust?? :lol: (seriously, what are you dosing?)
:lol: .
at the moment E.I.,but will probably get some tpn+.its just that i've spent all my pocket money this month :lol: .

its still early days.plenty of time for it to die yet :lol: .

Back