• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nelson's nano 2.......rescaped.

Re: nelson's nano 2

bumcrumb said:
how big do they grow?? are they about the same price as cherrys?
they're Neocaridina cf. zhangjiajiensis var. blue.i think they grow to the same size.
about 3 euros each now.

just stripping this down now.
had been neglected and was a mess :oops: .
new scape in a week or so ;) .

Lovely looking tanks, 1 & 2. This gives me some great idea for a 12x10x10 i have. The resun filters out pipe, is that a mini spray bar type thing?

Have you moved form EI to TPN+ yet? If so how is it going? any difference?
Peter

cheers :D .

yeah,mini spraybar on the output.
not a great difference on the ferts.just easier,for me, with the TPN+ on such small tanks.

starting to mess around with hardscape with this now.
some teaser pics :p .

picture049c.jpg

picture051k.jpg

picture050ec.jpg

plants will probably be

Hemianthus micranthemoides
Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Glossostigma elatinoides
fissidens fontanus
riccardia chamedryfolia

Krish's Bettas said:
Love it there is so muuch detail in this scape already and great pictures be the way.
cheers krish :D .
got lucky with the pics ;) .
B7fec said:
Hi Mate, Nice to see something different! Loving it! nice bits of detail in the gravels and larger stones! Get it planted!
cheers Ben :D .
i'm hoping it'll be more different than you think ;) .
still waiting for some plants.though put the HC in today.
stuworrall said:
nice :D liking that detail work
cheers Stu :D .

just a few boring pics of the setup.

picture045v.jpg

picture046.jpg

picture047.jpg

got some plants in there now.still need to get a few more.
i'll get more pics later ;) .

thats looking neat, i tried to do the same thing but haven't gone to the extent of detailing the path. looking forward to seeing how this one goes, really liked your last scape.

eternal optimist said:
thats looking neat, i tried to do the same thing but haven't gone to the extent of detailing the path. looking forward to seeing how this one goes, really liked your last scape.
cheers :D .

most of the plants are in now.waters still a bit cloudy and just set up the co2.
you'll be able to see where i'm going with it now ;) .

picture052dy.jpg

picture053.jpg

just need some MU now to fill the gaps.also going to do some fissidens "bushes".

Neil

Certainly can - up the river - cannot wait to see this grow, reminds me of the river Lyn down in North Devon - Lynton & Lynmouth, are putting any fish :?: if so can I recommend some Mountain Cloud minnows as I would resemble salmon on their run to the spawning grounds.

Regards
paul.

:woot: WOW!! Loving the work mate......I absolutely love it and this sort of look is right up my street. Nice, refreshing scape, got that quality look about it! :geek: You've come up with an original scape design and excited well, the planting adds to the overall depth and the wood adds to the detailing, 1st class and I look forward to seeing it maturing. :D

Flyfisherman said:
Neil

Certainly can - up the river - cannot wait to see this grow, reminds me of the river Lyn down in North Devon - Lynton & Lynmouth, are putting any fish :?: if so can I recommend some Mountain Cloud minnows as I would resemble salmon on their run to the spawning grounds.

Regards
paul.
cheers Paul :D .
i probably won't put any fish in here.just some shrimp.

B7fec said:
:woot: WOW!! Loving the work mate......I absolutely love it and this sort of look is right up my street. Nice, refreshing scape, got that quality look about it! :geek: You've come up with an original scape design and excited well, the planting adds to the overall depth and the wood adds to the detailing, 1st class and I look forward to seeing it maturing. :D
cheers Ben :D .
the plan is that you will only see some of the wood once the plants grow.
i'm hoping they will look like trunks and branches ;) .

its been a while.
well i got some good advice that i didn't have enough of a slope so i started again :lol: .

picture057f.jpg

picture058o.jpg

picture059q.jpg

didn't have HM/MM yet so just planted HC and MU.

12/09/10
picture060f.jpg

also added more HC.

25/09/10
picture061u.jpg

getting/got :lol: brown diatoms now.
also decided to leave the wood out until i've trimmed the stems a couple of times ;) .

Back