• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nest of the Dragon

zgmarkozg

Hi all. :)
something new from me.
the old setup "Fallen leaves" is over, and after vacation starting up a new one:
some tehnicals:

size : (L)80x(w)45x(h)45cm - 165 Liters
Filtration: JBL Cristal Profi e901
Lighting: (JBL Ultra Natur 2X35W ) + 2X 14W 4000K
Flora: not specified yet, but the plan is eleocharis mini, althernathera mini, pogostemon helfneri, staurogene r.
Fishes: Pterophyllum altum peruensis F1 (x5), corydoras sterbai
here is some pics:
20250482095_9329d97557_b.jpg

after filling water and fishes arrived
20895375539_dde0c6b515_b.jpg

taking photo with mobile phone
hope u like it ;)

Definite "like" on the tank :)

not so sure on long term success of altums in this tank (not sure what species you actually have) but fin span can easily be 25 - 30 cm on altum type angels even as subadults (~1 year)
- general recommendation on a altum sp school tank is 120cm x 45cm x 60cm (H).
There are some (perhaps many) people that will keep a pair in a tank this size, but if you watch the difference in behaviour/movement for angels in large tanks vs small tanks ....

Lately most angels I see for sale have stunted fins (often from damage as fry - so permanent)

Apologies for my angel rant :oops:

Cool piece of wood.

As per alto's advice: You might get away with 5 for a year but I would swap them out now or get a bigger tank. :(

Please no angels in this size, and espacially no altums, altough the ones you state are normal scalares, not venezuelan P. altums. Angels need 60 cm height at least, i have had altums, beautifull fish, but my tank is 75 cm high.

@ian_m : in that moment (when the picture is taken) there was two filters in aquarium, because I put new one in function. now is only one and (look black tubes)
@Alexander Belchenko; an interesting comparison :)
The fish is not wild altum, it is a scalare, I buy them on that name (Pterophyllum peruensis). They are sold as first breed of Altum, but not so sure of that.
now they are very small, and they have plenty of room, when they get older/bigger I will swap them or reduce it on 2 (one pair).
thank you all for your advice, somehow I was aware of this...
here is some short video so u can see them better

Last edited:
Very nice Angels (whichever species they may be :)) - do you know if these are wild or F1 or ???

Back