• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New cube

You might also consider the Eheim mini flat filter

I'd keep light shopping, that one is only 2.5 watt which translates to 14 x <0.2W LED's ... might work on a very shallow tank but it's really only designed for viewing fish, also look at the placement of the LED's - while this centred LED design can work well with high intensity LED clusters & suitable lens, on this light unit, any plants not directly beneath the LED region will experience v.e.r.y low PAR

You might also consider the Eheim mini flat filter

I'd keep light shopping, that one is only 2.5 watt which translates to 14 x <0.2W LED's ... might work on a very shallow tank but it's really only designed for viewing fish, also look at the placement of the LED's - while this centred LED design can work well with high intensity LED clusters & suitable lens, on this light unit, any plants not directly beneath the LED region will experience v.e.r.y low PAR

Neat little filter will keep this in mind when setting up my Cube. Thank you for sharing the info :thumbup:

Having some serious cognitive dissonance here guys :lol:

I got my 25x25x25cm cube, optiwhite new for what should be £20, then purchased an aquael leddy black 6w for about £27.

Trying to keep my costs down on this project, and only now discovered that aqueal do a relatively newish shrimp smart set up with those sizes of cubes, with the led light for cheaper than that lol.

Consoling myself only on the notion that the aquael tank won't be optiwhite...:lol:

Here's an update guys, ended up with an Aquael tank in the end; and also ended up not doing an iwagumi :lol:

This demonstrates a lack of planning.

Here's some pics below of the 10 litre cube in its infancy, tropica plant substrate, quarts Maui sand; with dwarf hairgrass carpet, anubias Nana mini, cryptocoryne wisii (?) And Java moss.

Light is 6W, small heater, and small sponge filter.

The wood is being weighed down with a clear container just now, as it floats grrr

Ok it wont let me post pics, something about not having an extension? o_O seems to work fine on other similar fish forums...

Will try to get pics up if I can soon guys

First pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160401-014338.png
    Screenshot_20160401-014338.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: tim
pic 2

Attachments

• cube 10.jpg
    cube 10.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 102