New filter needed for 180L Tank - eheim Pro 3 has developed a leak!

Aeropars

Hi Guys,

Simple question: What new filter should I get for my 180L tank?

My current one was 1850L turnover per hour and was an Eheim pro 3. This was one of the ones that had a design flaw whereby the head fills with water due to a problem with the primer. Has this issue been fixed on the newer versions?

I was also considering the Oase Biomaster 600 but that sees me drop 500lph in flow.

All options welcome!!

niknaksky

Another to consider is the aquael UltraMax just got one so a bit early to say but so far build quality is really good and whisper-quiet

Millns84

I'm recently hooked up an Aqua Nova NCF 1500. Really impress with the quality and flow - Cheap as chips and seems to get good reviews albeit that it's not widely available in the UK under that brand.

becks

Has this issue been fixed on the newer versions?
!
Is there any news regarding this? Im about to finally set up my tank after moving house and carrying out renovations and Im thinking about buying a pro3 1200xl....but the leaking heads is currently holding me back.

alto

Drop Eheim a line ;)
Then at least you’ll have their confirmation in writing should you encounter the issue

FWIW I’ve not experienced leaks in any of my Eheim’s
OTOH I find it easier to “prime” the filter without using that stoopid red thingy o_O

You might like to consider a filter with an integrated heater too so less equipment in your tank. Oase do a good line.

Steveb7

Having spent the morning doing my research, I've gone for the aquael UltraMax 2000!
How are you finding this filter? How well does it work,flow, noise cleaning ? I started a thread yesterday with pretty much the same question, 180l tank which filter etc.
could I ask what made you choose the aquael?