new seal set for regulator ?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by 2pods, 26 Sep 2007.

1. 2pods

2pods Member

Does any have any idea where I could get a new set of seals for my Aquamas regulator ?
    I've checked their site AND emailed them, but I don't think they want to know :arghh:

Otherwise , can anyone recommend a reg that won't dump when the pressure goes down, works with a FE, and the Aquamas solenoid ?

Ta,
    Peter

2. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

do you mean the o-ring that goes between the cylinder and the regulator? if so, measure the diameter and the thickness and buy a load from ebay, so long as you get the sizes right, youll have no problems.

3. 2pods

2pods Member

Thanks Flora, but it's the set of seals that came with the reg and solenoid I was after.

One of the ones I'm using was chewed up (I must have tightened it too much) so I used one of the solenoid ones, which is not great.

Since I've had it like this it's been working fine, but the bubble size seems too big and fine control is erratic, missing one bubble in four.

I'm still looking for that "no dump" reg as well :lol:

Peter

4. Matt Holbrook-Bull

Matt Holbrook-Bull Founder

hmms, different thing indeedy.. the only way I see that youll get hold of those is from the manufacturer. Most regulators though dont come apart, so Im not sure why youve chewed them up.

5. 2pods

2pods Member

It's the attachment of the needle valve/solenoid seals, I think.
    I'll check tomorrow.

Peter

6. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Member

7. 2pods

2pods Member

I don't want to leave the tank without Co2 and I really don't want to disturb the seals, 'cos as I said it is a bodge.
    Prolly if I disturb them I'll never get it without leaks again :lol:
    I just thought there might be spare sets from from the sellers.

I don't know about a NDR (I think I'll copyright that - Non-Dumping Regulator), someone mentioned the Aqua Medic reg ?

I have two FEs and have changed one over as it STARTED dropping and am waiting for the refill guy.

8. 2pods

2pods Member

I disconnected my FE as it had definately started to drop (Andy was right), phoned the the filler fella.....who said he had forgotten. :rolleyes:

He'll be here today, if he can make it, or early next week if he remembers :arghh:

Score so far :
    1 x empty Aquamas bottle
    2 x empty 2kg FEs

Algae be seeing you
    I'll get my coat :lol: