• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New To co2

belly259

Hi all just setting out on the journey of Co2 injection.

Currently running the 1.6kg oista silver ally co2 bottle.

tmc V2 Pro regulator, For some reason cant seem to get around 3 bubbles /sec on bubble counter and also when solenoid is of bubbles keep going into bubble counter around one /sec. Although nothing is coming from the ceramic diff.

When i get down to around 2-3 bubbles/sec nothing comes from diff ?

Any Advice is much appreciated. Also would you guys still dose Easy Carb with Co2 injection

Regards John

hi, is the TMC adjustable other than the Needle valve,

" gauges read 60 Bar and 2 Bar

Sounds like its a fixed pressure of 2bar. Is your diffuser a glass one that sits in the tank? If you remove the diffuser can you up the bubble rate?

yes its the glass diffuser, could it be i dont have enough pressure to push through diffuser, and yes it sits in the tank

belly259 said:
yes its the glass diffuser, could it be i dont have enough pressure to push through diffuser, and yes it sits in the tank

Normally those type of diffusers are OK at less than 2 bar. I would take it off and see if you can adjust the bubble rate. If you can, turn off the solenoid and see if bubbles stop entering the the bubble counter. If that functions OK, refit it and check for leaks with soapy water on all the joints.

Just checked for leaks and have found one on the bubble counter its self, i presume if the counter has a small leak i will need to open needle more to creat more pressure for diffuser to work.

Removed bubble counter and found i dont need to open the needle as much to make diffuser work. so new bubble counter required i presume. Or is it better not to have a bubble counter ?

Ps would u dose easy cab too ?

Thanks for your help up to press as well

Personally I don't use a bubble counter but it might be an idea to try another one if this is all new to you. If you have livestock and decide not to use one make sure you start the CO2 very low and increase as required. Are you using a drop checker?

I don't dose Easycarbo but plenty here do.

My first bubble counter had a leak where the clear plastic container bit joins the cap. Spent ages trying to get reliable bubble count, then remembered about people having control issues when there is a leak and dunked bubble counter in jug of water and bingo fault found. Supplier replaced counter no problem.

Now whenever I fiddle with any of the CO2 setup I test in jug of water first. In fact my one way valve was also leaking from a weld/seam, as I found once as well.

Yes i am using a drop checker, I seem to have more control with the needle adjustment now.

I guess i need to get past a few issues to start as i have started a scratch again.

I think i will try Easy Carb dose too.

Once again thanks for the help. Cant always see the trees for the forrest lol.

Cheers John

Back