• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Year, New Scape...

Geoffrey Rea

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Having enjoyed so many of the scapes posted by the UKAPS community in the last 12 months, I figured it was time for a rescape and to share this one rather than just viewing all the time.

I’ve failed plenty to get to some success, but it’s always been fun so hopefully this will be too.

Old scape. Got a bit unruly:

upload_2019-1-23_23-10-15.jpeg

Slight remodel:

upload_2019-1-23_23-10-53.jpeg

Fresh start:

upload_2019-1-23_23-12-50.jpeg

Hardscape starting with rocks. Gone with Frodo Stone as the texture is just awesome to be fair:

upload_2019-1-23_23-24-13.jpeg

Bit of planning first. Gone for a concave composition this time.

Left side:

upload_2019-1-23_23-30-30.jpeg

Right side:

upload_2019-1-23_23-31-36.jpeg

Geoffrey Rea

I would have done nothing more that a few light trimmings to your old Aquascape as it looked fantastic.

I wish I could say the same about those rocks which were very carefully placed in two quarter circles. Other than dividing the tank into two parts its completely uninteresting very sorry to say.

Those two pieces of wood both are extremely interesting what are you intending to do with. There must be plenty on the WWW to get a few ideas from.

Keith:wave::wave:

+1 +1 +1 +1

All amazing creations eventually must come to an end :(:arghh:

Everything has an end. Except those jellyfish that can technically live forever unless something rudely interrupts their immortality :eek:

I figure the death of a scape is when you struggle to motivate yourself to care for it.

Geoffrey Rea

I would have done nothing more that a few light trimmings

Appreciate the feedback Keith. It was the frequency of maintenance and the depth of the setup that forced a change.

The rocks will raise everything by nearly half a foot making maintenance easier.

The quarter circles of stone will become inconsequential once sand, soil, wood and plants are in. Just a sharp contrast against the sand hopefully for impact.

Everything has an end. Except those jellyfish that can technically live forever unless something rudely interrupts their immortality :eek:

I figure the death of a scape is when you struggle to motivate yourself to care for it.
the funny thing is i know what jellyfish colony your talking about, did u know that its not actually 1 being, its a colony of different... things!?

Yea pretty awesome, a colony of things that have an infinite life span but are killed off naturally by predation and other things. Kind of like lobster, live to be like 80-100+ years old but die young only due to mostly humans and predation etc

Geoffrey Rea

I had to dismantle my three tanks purely for health reasons, I am only 80+years young.
All three tanks are now Terrascapes still plenty of regular maintenance but no water changes that was the biggest concern.

Keith:wave::wave:

Sounds easier @Keith GH

It’s great being able to shape things to your needs whilst striking a balance with what you want to see.

This rescape is in preparation for the next two years. Got two little ones who deserve more of my time so planting out with, not necessarily easier, but more easily maintained plants.

I like it mate will you keep the wool under the rocks to keep soil and sand separate mixture one is best I think

That’s the plan @Jayefc1

And plans are lovely ideas :lol:

We’ll see what reality has in store for us though. Hate it when sand and soil mix.

The filter wool is packed in to prevent wiggle room so should be more stable should I knock anything doing maintenance.

Back