• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nightmare Algae/Incubo alghe!

one thing I never asked for in my oase 600 I filled everything with the Matrix ultima over orange sponge
and in the prefilter I cut the large sponge and put that in place of the thin blue one

but isn't there something wrong with my water? because it seems like they never regress and strange 😓

because 😭😭😭 I can't get the right aquarium and yet the technique seems excellent to me. Is it possible that the Amazon V2 fund is the cause? last thing but I really don't think the aquarium is self-built I don't think wrong silicone it's a damn retailer

IMG_20231115_215804.jpg

I use this as a test

Last edited by a moderator:
@max73

I'd say the last few pictures of your tank suggest things are starting to improve, do you agree?
So don't get disheartened, you need to stick to the path you are currently on, it seems to be working.

Keep the lights low, constantly remove any algae/rotting leaves you see, and I mean constantly (daily).
Turning the tank around won't happen overnight I'm afraid mate, a little patience is required.

because 😭😭😭 I can't get the right aquarium and yet the technique seems excellent to me. Is it possible that the Amazon V2 fund is the cause? last thing but I really don't think the aquarium is self-built I don't think wrong silicone it's a damn retailer
Poor maintenance is one of the causes of Algae!
How many times have you completely cleaned all the filter since setting - up the aquarium?
When was the last time?

good morning today great cleaning 😅. question here in Italy in the forums they blame the fertilizers I use. because they say that with the ada v2 primer you have to use their products that's why I have algae 🤔🤔🤔🤔😏😏 I don't believe

Hi all,
because they say that with the ada v2 primer you have to use their products that's why I have algae 🤔🤔🤔🤔😏😏 I don't believe
We have a thread on cloning ADA fertilisers <"Mixing ferts to resemble ADA lineup">.
Nonsense.
All <"you need to ask"> the ADA fanboys is:
"Where were the special ADA potassium (K+) ions in the <"4.5 billion years"> before ADA put them in a bottle and asked <"an aspirational price"> for them?"
If they can give you a <"scientifically coherent answer">? I'll go and buy the entire ADA range of fertilisers.

cheers Darrel

Does easy carbo help or is it useless?
Follow the advice of the guys up here, they are experts in planted tanks.

Will easy carbo help to get rid of algae? Yes, is it worth? No, because plants will be affected too. Liquid carbon should be a last resort before a tank restart. Keep your maintenance routine.

As Italian, don't follow suggestion on italian forums, they all use pmdd which is an "obsolete" method of fertilization that requires constant testing. Nutrients excess isn't an algae trigger. Maintenance is key and your tank improved greatly from your last photos.

Will easy carbo help to get rid of algae? Yes, is it worth? No, because plants will be affected too. Liquid carbon should be a last resort before a tank restart. Keep your maintenance routine.
I have gone back and forth on Easy Carbo (liquid carbon). It is wonderful when used undiluted for hardscape spot-treatment but I have been of mixed minds about water column dosing. First I did, then I stopped, now I find I'm doing it again. There are some very sensitive plants (e.g. Vallis) that might not tolerate it, but otherwise easy carbo will not hurt your plants. I don't think it works "as a last resort" - if it is going to be used then preventative is the best way. It won't be a magic cure after you've already been overrun by algae.

I don't think it works "as a last resort" - if it is going to be used then preventative is the best way. It won't be a magic cure after you've already been overrun by algae.
The spot dose can damage several plants (while i found ineffected water column dosing), I had the opportunity to try it in the past on Montecarlo, Rotala Macrandra and Egeria. The result has always been the loss of the treated area (montecarlo melted completely after dosing it, but my Vallisneria did good after dosing it). There are very mixed reviews, the good thing about this hobby is that what works for me, may not works for you, you can surely try it and maybe let us know how the situation evolve in future.

I used seachem excel, should be the same

The spot dose can damage several plants (while i found ineffected water column dosing), I had the opportunity to try it in the past on Montecarlo, Rotala Macrandra and Egeria. The result has always been the loss of the treated area (montecarlo melted completely after dosing it, but my Vallisneria did good after dosing it). [...]
Agree. I only ever spot-dose on hardscape, not on plants.
I used seachem excel, should be the same
Also agree. I find easy carbo slightly more viscous then excel so I think is slightly easier to use for spot-dosing (but could be imaging that).

Back