• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

(NO MORE) 2,000L High tech BEAST

@Filip Krupa do you think you can do a how to for your floodlights' rack? I recently bought 2 of these babies and I am trying to come up with fixture ideas (could potentially hang them like you did but would prefer mounting then on the tank somehow)

Last edited:
I recently bought 2 of these babies and I am trying to come up with fixture ideas

They look sweet.

I hung mine as it was pretty much my only option.
You could mount like this:

Screenshot_2018-10-21-16-11-51.png

Here is a scrap plywood bodge on my 50L:

20181021_160923.jpg
20181021_160914.jpg

Ive even seen guys make a skeleton out of scrap pvc plumbing pipes that sat on top of the tank, with lights hanging down.

I might do a write up on my lights, but Im afraid it wont be anytime soon.

Thanks
Fil

Nothing like a DIY graft when life gets stressful.

PLC finally in place in full control of lights, co2 and wave makers.
No fancy pants logic yet, just independant timers.

I've split my lights into 2. So that all lights are on 6hrs, and some a few hours before and after.

20180915_143948.jpg

20180915_144106.jpg
20181021_141744.jpg
15401355620882102629052.jpg
20181021_141753.jpg
20181020_170917.jpg
20181020_170902.jpg
20181020_181541.jpg
20181021_141805.jpg

Thanks for reading
Fil

Waterchange..........Waterchange..........Waterchange..........Waterchange..........Waterchange..........Waterchange..........Waterchange..........
oohh did i mention Waterchange..........

that's it's the incomplete dirt removal by the overflow to blame.
that is not the fault of "dirt" (or debris) in your tank.
Thats the fault of overall tank health and parameters.

Great videos thanks Filip.

I will replicate your co2 difussion method. I have the same 10k L/H Jebao pump (in operation) and a second 3k L/H Jebao sitting around. Yours is 3k too right? Have you tried using an in-line diffuser or is the pump too strong for it?

Wish you a pleasant Sunday.

Last edited:
I will replicate your co2 difussion method

Hi Costa,

You will need a co2 reactor with proper co2 fittings on the INSIDE, in order to get the bazooka up to pressure.

Pump wise, Ive a 10k & 6.5k (did I say 3k in the vid?)
Its the 10k thats serving CO2. For no partulicular reason, the 6.5k would do fine.

How big is your tank?

Thanks
Fil

Just a observation as it does look like you have used 2.5mm copper wire so the current rating should be fine. I like yourself had the live feed to the sockets on a single spur which is fine OFC But to enable a potential higher current load I wired the neutral and earth feeds to the sockets in a loop and not a single multi spur like you have done. Which doubles the current load of the neutral and earth for just running a couple of wires. But mine was on 20 sockets so felt it might be needed ;)

Looking good :clap:

feed to the sockets on a single spur

Thanks for pointing this out. I am not as confident here as would like, still learning.

So far this loop is serving 450w of lights, 3 powerheads (36w) and a solenoid (3w).
I also have several fuses (6 - 10 amp) along the way, so should be ok right?

Thanks
Fil

Yes wire in a ring main is "better" as Zeus points out, only need another neutral wire from and socket to neutral bus bar in your case.

I fused separately the feed to my PLC and filters with everything else on another fuse. The thinking here is if light or pump fails catastrophicaly and blows the fuse the PLC and filters carry on running.

fails catastrophicaly and blows the fuse the PLC and filters carry on running.

Sound.
I've got my PLC sockets fused separately to the PLC, as Ive seen you mention this before. My pumps are not PLC controlled.
So if a catastrophic failure occurs on any of my PLC controlled stuff, PLC and pumps keep running.

Thanks
Fil

What does your PLC code do ?

All singing, all dancing, internet accessible ? Or just equivalent to 12 timers?

Back