• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Non-return valves for dosing pump

dfinn

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering what non-return/ check valves I need to buy for a Jebao DP3 pump? Do normal air line check valves used for air pumps work or are there different ones of liquids? Also do I just need one per line or do I need two, one before and one after the pump?

Thanks,

Dan

One after the pump only needed if peristaltic pump is two roller. Sometimes recommended for three roller pumps but many people with three roller have no back flow issues.

Right I have the non-return valves installed but I think they are a bit cheap and nasty and are leaking a bit meaning I am getting back flow. Does anyone know of a good non-return valve for use on an auto dose that won't leak?

Dan

Aaron I've found that my problem was actually with the airline I was using. I changed CO2 pipe and it seems to have improved.

Dan

Use pvc tubing with dosing pumps, air line is completely unsuitable. Remember to clamp with a cable tie all joints.

CO2 PVC pipe has a thicker wall and narrower bore so it must get a better seal with connectors?

Back