• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Non return valves

idris

Can anyone re ommend a top quality non return valve?

My air stone is about .75m below the water surface and the pump is a further .75m below that (1.5m total). I've tried several non return valves (every thing I can find in LFSs) but when I turn the pump off water symphony's back every time.
Happy to pay a few quid if I can find something that actually works.

ian_m said:
I use these on my air and CO2 as they can be locked to the tubing. Not had any issue with back syphoning with my air pump located under the tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Air- ... 4abbc42b6c

I'd be keen to give this a go but it says it ships from Hong Kong with a 3 to 5 week lead time. Is this what you did?

I had a few of these included in a shipment from the green machine but they always end up leaking for me after 2 weeks:
1285424892898_hz-cnmyalibaba-web3_59694.jpg

I'm using them on my CO2 line but the water in the drop checker eventually gets through them. Luckily with the loop in the tube I catch it before it reaches the solenoid.

Stitch said:
ian_m said:
I use these on my air and CO2 as they can be locked to the tubing. Not had any issue with back syphoning with my air pump located under the tank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Air- ... 4abbc42b6c

I'd be keen to give this a go but it says it ships from Hong Kong with a 3 to 5 week lead time. Is this what you did?

Yes ordered from Hong Kong, took about 3 weeks as they said it would. I have ordered quite a lot from this Hong Kong shop, you just have to be patient, always arrived within their stated time and very well packaged.

55cm deep tank and air pump is 1.3m below top lip of tank.

Main reason for locking valves (other than I had issues with CO2 valves blowing off) is I kept knocking them off whilst fiddling at water change time, and started syphoning the tank onto the floor. No problem with the Hong Kong ones so far.

Back