• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

other half

Gary Nelson said:
George Farmer said:
My wife has the cheek to complain about the cost and time spent on it - and she keeps a flippin' horse. :crazy:

She likes fancy goldfish and gawdy-coloured tropicals.

I like Nature Aquariums, biotopes and brown fish.

I suppose they do say opposites attract.

Same here George, horse vets bills are the worst! :woot: the last one that I paid actually had tear marks on the cheque!

LOL a nice nano and a bit of comedy +1 Gary

I'm happily wasting an afternoon off nosing around the forum and I stumbled on this topic. Really made me chuckle :lol:

I'm blessed with an o/h that's into marine, so I'm very lucky. But I can really hear my dad moaning about my mum in some of those posts! He's just bought a new tank, and when I went round to see it, I really appriciated how lucky I am that my o/h is so sympathetic!!

My OH hates all pets that aren't cats, when she's in a bad mood I really get it in the ear about my fish, sons reptiles etc.

In return for being allowed a bigger tank I agreed she could choose some decor which I have steadily removed over the last 12 months (Fake red and purple plants). It's a constant whinge about how long I spend on the tanks but as long as they provide light at the right times it's not too bad.

My o/h is great when it comes to all things fishy. She's kinda used to it now though as we have 6 tanks lol

I let her choose some fish for our community tank every now and again, and she let's me buy pretty much what I want so long as the bank balance isn't too low.

Yesterday I bought her ( it's for both of us really as we need it ) a new iCandy pushchair as we now need a double cos she is pregnant again, and this morning I bought her a yummy mummy changing bag that she had seen. In return I got to buy a DD Co2 system for our ( mine really so keep your hands away woman ) Vision 180 in the lounge.

Only thing she really objects to is the cleaning regime.

Back