• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
:D Still dream about it every night...tangled leaves......:eek:

Hi everyone.

Can I start by saying a massive thank you to everyone who was involved in both of these layouts.

A big thank you to those who travelled from a far: namely 'Murf' who came over from Ireland.

The input was greatly received by Tropica, and pets at home.

The second layout (Stockport) is indeed a great layout to look at, due to the 'square footprint' format, and over time, the 3 visible sides shall become 3 individual scapes of their own.

As time progresses, I shall endeavour to keep everybody up to date with images.

For now, here is an image from the New Malden layout. Image courtesy of Stu Worral.
9720480117_c2a0fc2162_b.jpg
new-malden-day-1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

It was an honour to do it, and I'm now the artist formerly know as Murf ;)

Hi, I'm Emma- one of the aquatics team at Stockport that was there over last weekend- have decided to sign up and get some tips- having previously only having marines, I have just set up my first small planted tank!
It was lovely to meet some of you and you did an amazing job.
If any one is heading over to stockport this weekend to see the tank, there is limited visibility due to an algae bloom.....

Hi Emma, good to see you on ukaps. Was also good to see your enthusiasm in Stockport, we all knew we had a winner when we met you!
The tank will soon clear, then hopefully we can get some pics up.

Hi, I'm Emma- one of the aquatics team at Stockport that was there over last weekend- have decided to sign up and get some tips- having previously only having marines, I have just set up my first small planted tank!
If any one is heading over to stockport this weekend to see the tank, there is limited visibility due to an algae bloom.....

Ermmm might give going back to take some more pictures a miss until next weekend then lol.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum Emma :)

Visited Stockport today and the tank looks great. Feels so much bigger than when it had the marine setup.

There appears to be a major thread / hair algae breakout on the right hand side, but we all have algae problems that are easily overcome in the run in period :)
Thanks for the update Planty :)
Are there any fish/shrimp in yet? If so what sort? :)
Cheers
Ady

The algae bloom is clearing nice a quickly now :)
Also we have got around 50 flying foxes in the tank at the moment which have been whizzing round cleaning for the past week.
I have been in most evenings and its looking better and better.

Any pics Sam?

Back