PFK "low tech planting"

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by baron von bubba, 4 Aug 2009.

1. baron von bubba

baron von bubba Member

very nice article george! :clap:
    shame it didnt have a simple diagram to show the plant names/positions in each of the tanks illustrated tho!
    it could of been much more useful.
    i dont mean to sound like i'm moaning btw......... :shifty:

2. rawr

rawr Member

Is this in the most recent issue?

I don't remember seeing it...

3. baron von bubba

baron von bubba Member

its august issue, only just got it, my local shop is terrible!! :0/

4. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Thanks - glad you liked it.

5. Polly

Polly Member

I was so looking forward to seeing this article. The newsagent swears the magazine hasn't come in and it still isn't there - he even tried to claim that PFK often miss a month :rolleyes: :? Was going to go to the town 12 miles away but by now they will all be gone :(

6. baron von bubba

baron von bubba Member

must admit to feeling a bit of a wierdo after trying to find it in 7 shops locally and it not being on sale in ANY one of them!
    EVERY shop had mags about dogs, cats, horses, sailing, even freaking carpentry, but not one had any tropical fish mags! :wideyed:
    or maybe its just cos it sells so quick! well, thats what i kept telling myself.............

7. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Thats why I subscribe to the magazine and have done so since 2002, saves me chasing all the local shops hunting for it.

8. Superman

Superman Member

Getting it sent in the post is much easier, I've only ever seen it a few times and then that was WH Smiths.
    Plus, when you subscribe you get it a few days earlier than general release.

9. Polly

Polly Member

Nine times out of ten the local newsagent will have the PFK at the beginning of the month. Seems to me it's only the editions that I REALLY want go missing :arghh:

I've felt like a weirdo for the last month too. The newsagent seems to find it quite amusing, but he's losing my custom - and other's. I can't see the point of going there if he hasn't got what I want to buy. Just got the September PFK from the town 12 miles away as I was there anyway ;) I'll have to see if I can get a back copy with the article in.

I'm not allowed to subscribe any more. I have back issues of PFK to the 80's :crazy: All boxed and sorted into each year. There's no more room in the attic o_O It's wonderful to see how things have changed :)

It's all right - I know how sad that is :lol: