• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

PFK subscribers - what do you get from the magazine?

time of magazines

time.jpg

Still have this cover scan on my PC :cool:

I guesse the 70s to 90s was the peak time for glossy magazines, it must of been a viable writing career for many folk who I guess now could be bloggers ?
Even before the huge magazine boom I used to love a weekly paper called the Exchange and Mart, where you could find virtually anything for sale.
Regarding freebees ....yes there were many on offer to encourage you to pick up and buy the literature, many a plastic gimmick was given away or a subsidiary magazine in a plastic bage stuck to the back!
Yep I liked the magazine age....

I guesse the 70s to 90s was the peak time for glossy magazines, it must of been a viable writing career for many folk who I guess now could be bloggers ?
Even before the huge magazine boom I used to love a weekly paper called the Exchange and Mart, where you could find virtually anything for sale.
Regarding freebees ....yes there were many on offer to encourage you to pick up and buy the literature, many a plastic gimmick was given away or a subsidiary magazine in a plastic bage stuck to the back!
Yep I liked the magazine age....
Used to love Exchange and Mart!

I remember Exchange and Mart also :)

Even though this thread has strayed off topic a bit, folk are talking about mags in the past tense which perhaps tells us all we need to know about the future of periodical mags like Practical Fish Keeping.

Or do you think PFK will survive a while longer yet?

I think it will but it has to be at the top of the game. I remember 2 or 3 aquarium fishkeeping mags in the 80s available but there is little except books in the printed form as competion for sales So to compete with the internet like @rebel said early it as to appeal to all aspects of the hobby. Not easy IMO. I like sitting down and having a good read and ha ha visit place your unlikely ever to (think Heiko Bleher Ivan Mikolji and lately Tai Strietman Dennerle plant hunters etc)Realising many people find it difficult to put their phones down🙂what are they missing

Back