• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants a little tired looking

Ive just been around with a paint brush(unused) across top of plants and there was a lot of brown dust and dead leaves laying on top of living plants underneath. It's visibly greener when I brush it. Not perfect but a lot better. My maintenance I always go across top of HC with old piece of tubing and thin pipe attached to suck across top.
Could there be a chance that the outflow isn't pulling hard enough to drag dead detritus out.
Flow is spray bar, flow to front, down and again backwards. Should I change outflow piping maybe?
I did move some plants around a little last week. However, I did a big wTer change immediately after.
I've still bought a RO unit which I intend to make portable as I'm not entirely happy that's helping much. Even if it's not il have better parameters for my shrimp for sure :)

I'd certainly get the syphon "heavily involved" at water change time.
If you've got fresh growth underneath,maybe it just needs more time.

My recovered tank.
Changed to ro water and the end product speaks for itself. Plants are all healthy and happy. Heminanthus callitrichoides has recovered well and boomed into growth.
Only thing that's appeared is odd spot of bba around tank and hair algae. Both of which I'm trying to keep on top of. Excuse pics as tank is in need of a haircut but just wanted to show my recovery in terms of growth and health of plants.

20160328_193856_zpsvsxumvsn.jpg
20160328_193713_zpswzsbptzn.jpg

Hi @GTL_UK I am now ye. I started with tap but gradually converted over to 100% RO. My Kh is around 5dkh and Gh is around 7dgh.

Back