• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plastic Fantastic

Re: Ram Bangarang - Titanium Rams

Rams have settled in brilliantly and already in one day a Pair has formed between the Dom Male and the Big Female (I ordered only females).
219.jpg

202.jpg

161.jpg

123.jpg

112.jpg

The Old Timer HF coming out of the log for some BW. She stays hidden most days now.
214.jpg

Armored shrimp have also settled and they were alot bigger than I was expecting to receive. They have Each taken a log and are busy fanning for particles.
075.jpg

222.jpg

Found it a tad annoying that my Dom. Male Peacock kept trying to get into each shot, sily thing.
071.jpg

Also got a shot of my Hara who came out to gulp down bloodworm.
195.jpg

189.jpg

Re: Ram Bangarang - Whoopsie Daisy

As the tank is no Longer planted. Removed the Lighting and replace with the In tank LED Bar that i bought on ebay.
Then I decided while I was at it to sort out the wiring, and clean the Pipes on the Filter.
Well that was a Heart Stopping moment, as one of the Male Rams decided to Swim up into the Intake as I was cleaning the Prefilter sock. So there is me, hurridly taking apart the filter and rushing to the Sink with the Canister.
Open it up and the Ram is happily Swimming around chasing cherry Shrimp that got in the filter. Scoop him out and add him back to the Tank. Reconnect the filter and away we go.
Also decided to replace my Air Pump for the Piston Unit I used on the 400G. Alot Quiter and Larger amount of air bubbling thru the LED Curtain.
Still waiting on artificial plants to arrive, but will happily wait.

Re: Ram Bangarang - Titanium Rams

All the Artificial Plants Arrived and the tank is planted up.
I am Actually Really happy with the look of the tank.
Don't know how long I will keep it Plastic, as I can never leave a tank alone for long.

All the Male Rams have died and found 2 of the Titanium Females dead this afternoon. So as it was tipping it down outside, I decided to strip the tank down and start again.
Will Start a New Journal.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Thats a real shame Gill.
Hate to hear that :(

Excited for the new tank though :)

Never been able to keep them alive for more than a few months. then die off suddenly overnight.

Thats the problem with rams though. :( I had a nice trio last year in a very mature 70L tank.. then one day, all dead. Very sensitive fish.

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Thats the problem with rams though. :( I had a nice trio last year in a very mature 70L tank.. then one day, all dead. Very sensitive fish.

Yeah Is a Shame. The ones I bought had been in Hard Water for ages so hoped for more.

Back