Purigen in a large tank

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by danmil3s, 11 Feb 2010.

1. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

hi iv decided i need Purigen my water is a bit cloudy/brown. so ive read up about it but, im not realy sure how much i need.seachems web site says "Each 1 L treats up to 4,000 L " other web sites say you need more. their actually selling it so i guess they would.so going buy the manufactures recommendation for my 750l tank i would only need 250ml is this right. im using a sump filter so i was just going to put it in there on top of the filter pads. thanks for any help im slowly getting there.

2. viktorlantos

viktorlantos Aquascaper

using more just like with activated carbon you will not have problem, but the filter medium will work faster. you will see how the recommendation goes and you can drop in a little more anytime in the future if it is needed.

3. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

ok maybe ill order 500ml just because im inpatient and to save on delivery thanks mate

4. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

lfs only had 250mls so ill give that a go. does the filter water need to pass through the stuff or can i just leave the bag
    floating in the sump.

5. danmil3s

danmil3s Member

wow amazing stuff can see right down tank waters clear no more brown should get my sequence pump running today so that will up the filtration a bit light ballast on Monday nearly there