Re-education.....

maj74

I find mixing glute in a spray bottle with some tank water does the trick. Spray all the exposed plants/hardscape when doing a water change and within a week or so the stuff is defeated. Leave it to soak for say ten minutes and then fill. I used to spot dose but it is too long and tedious if you have a lot of affected areas. Combining this with the increased maintenance you are doing should do the trick hopefully.

tank still looks great by the way, a proper nature aquarium!

cheers

Conor

Curious - What is a 'Glute spray'? Tried Googling Glute / water mix, and all I get is a selection of swimming exercises for strengthening buttocks!!

Wookii

Curious - What is a 'Glute spray'? Tried Googling Glute / water mix, and all I get is a selection of swimming exercises for strengthening buttocks!!

“Glute” is an abbreviation for Glutaraldehyde, which is the active ingredient in so called liquid carbon products such as Seachem Excel and Easy Life Easy-Carbo.

Whilst it’s usefulness as a carbon source is debatable, it has a well proven side use as an effective algaecide, especially when spot dosed.