• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Re-education.....

If you were thinking of replacing this tank, what would you replace it with?....

• Total voters
Don't worry about the pinnitifida, it's an easy one.

And for the bolbitis, because your tank is so big, it's not necessary. It's useful in nano tanks where it should stay compact and small. ;)

Don't worry about the pinnitifida, it's an easy one.

And for the bolbitis, because your tank is so big, it's not necessary. It's useful in nano tanks where it should stay compact and small. ;)

Plant list:

Anubias ‘petite’
Anubias nana ‘paxing’
Anubias nana ‘pangolino’
Anubias nana ‘bonsai’
Microsorum pteropus mini ‘petit’
Microsorum pteropus ‘trident’
Bolbitis heudelotii
Hygrophilia pinnatifida
Riccardia chamedryfolia
Fissidens Fontanus
Mini Christmas moss
Bucephalandra wavy green
Bucephalandra sp. ‘red’
Bucephalandra biblis
Bucephalandra theia
Bucephalandra sp. ‘Lamandau mini red’

Few images after a day of settling and some new additions....

Zebra nerite snails and red cherry shrimp. I also added some amano shrimp:

A64D27AD-41C5-48FE-ADD9-753621F1F1E7.jpeg

86C61363-9BAF-4035-B873-E9C27018B9C3.jpeg

3A1BCB88-6309-41F9-91D5-8F0A7C50FEA6.jpeg
41BA2004-F745-43AF-8F49-9C856729E2F3.jpeg

Three types of anubias; pangolino, bonsai and paxing:

9472F577-5478-403C-AE81-11E04AC4122A.jpeg

H. Pinnatifida straightening:

A8F531E8-2E9A-48CD-B661-1ED459829640.jpeg

E015B95F-E84E-4A8C-82D1-4A8169858E03.jpeg

C38D4751-3042-4138-84BB-9BA0C234E050.jpeg

Few more....

FD407D9D-F58C-42F1-90FE-01FC746CEA7E.jpeg

FB12BD70-D2F4-495B-B872-A0A83B5A5D36.jpeg

244F52A2-D1E9-4044-8184-63DBB2BB8D34.jpeg

436376D1-DD76-4DEC-8304-52B1F97BC060.jpeg

00B3B8E9-38DE-44C3-AD5E-DF182034DA6D.jpeg

Current photoperiod 6pm - 11pm including sunrise and sunset at maximum 25% lighting intensity. Hoping this low light offers a chance for the plants to settle and a little wiggle room regards co2 which I am dialling in. I will increase to 6 hrs once I know co2 is good for lights on.

Cheerio,

Just one last thing, the h.pinnitida is placed a bit high on the Wood, it doesn't look very natural and when it will grown in it will look strange.

My advice would be to put it more in the middle, or directly between the other ferns (bolbitis and microsorum), once settled in, it will add some colors and texture without looking out of place or too obtrusive. ;)

Just one last thing, the h.pinnitida is placed a bit high on the Wood, it doesn't look very natural and when it will grown in it will look strange.

My advice would be to put it more in the middle, or directly between the other ferns (bolbitis and microsorum), once settled in, it will add some colors and texture without looking out of place or too obtrusive. ;)
Appreciate the tip, some is low down some is high, it’s a bit of an experiment to see if some will emerge and grow. I only want a bit of a different colour higher up to mix the green bias, if they look odd I will move them.

Cheers.

Going to try and do all my water changes early morning before any co2 injection or photoperiod starts. After would be fine too but that would be too late as I like my photoperiod when I can view the tank after work. Hopefully this will maintain continuity of available co2 during the photoperiod and not confuse the plants with bursts of limitless supply to much lower levels. Will see how we go.
Early mornings for a few weeks.....

6D01162D-6128-4C76-8A83-04DD908CD692.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a good plan, it's what I try to do too...problem is I don't often manage it :rolleyes:
I’m not a morning person but needs must.....I’ll see how I feel tomorrow :lol:

I managed it again......:angelic:

Hi
On my first ever hi-tech tank with ADA system I was doing my daily WC 1-2am ish after work.(I am a chef so long days with late finish)
U are bound for a success with that sort of dedication ;)
Regards Konsa

Hi
On my first ever hi-tech tank with ADA system I was doing my daily WC 1-2am ish after work.(I am a chef so long days with late finish)
U are bound for a success with that sort of dedication ;)
Regards Konsa
That is commitment :clap:

Hopefully mine will pay off......
The view just now with a few more goodies that arrived today from aquarium gardens in the boxes bottom left. Dave is always on point getting orders packed and shipped :singing::thumbup:

image.jpg

Cheerio,

Crikey Ady, there's no stopping you now...what have you ordered this time? :rolleyes:
:lol:
Some extra bucephalandra and a couple extra anubias to fill some gaps. Should be good to ‘gro’ then.......

Incidentally what fertilisers are you using now? EI or a pre mix? I’m on an old supply of tropica currently but it’s not going to last long.....the downside of a larger tank :p, I’m thinking EI will be the way to go.

:lol:
Some extra bucephalandra and a couple extra anubias to fill some gaps. Should be good to ‘gro’ then.......

Oh dear..... Show yourself out but first pack up that tank and send it up to Scotland first... :lol:

Oh dear..... Show yourself out but first pack up that tank and send it up to Scotland first... :lol:
:lol:......Collection only :lol:

Incidentally what fertilisers are you using now? EI or a pre mix?
I'm using up the last of my TNC complete and TNC lite...and when that's gone I'm going to experiment with variations on a theme of EI.
I think EI is probably the most cost effective way for you to go too :)

Did the early morning wc again :D

I have quite a lot of surface movement, hopefully this will help with gas exchange and increase oxygen content to aid fauna within the tank, especially during co2 injection, something im always conscious of. I’m also considering a twinstar ‘algae inhibitor’ to add further oxygen, not just for fish/shrimp but perhaps filter bacteria too?

22B31E8A-13B3-4EAD-A2C4-605B536692B7.jpeg

Cheerio,
Ady.

I’m also considering a twinstar ‘algae inhibitor’

Go for the Chihiros Doctor same thing fraction of the price, Both me and Tim use the Chihiros reators on our twinstars and they work fine. I have both the Chihiros and Twinstars both running Chihiros reactors. Loads on E-Bay

Go for the Chihiros Doctor same thing fraction of the price, Both me and Tim use the Chihiros reators on our twinstars and they work fine. I have both the Chihiros and Twinstars both running Chihiros reactors. Loads on E-Bay

Agreed.

I have the chihiros doctor v4 and it's very versatile and useful to add O2

Back