• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulators again

tubamanandy

Other than CO2 Art in the UK, can anyone recommend a decent twin-stage CO2 regulator that also has a good needle valve ?

I'm still using a CO2 Art model (and had one before this one) and I'm not impressed. Despite supposedly having a better quality needle valve it does nothing - I'm continually (daily) having to mess about with the small knurled adjustment.

I think they are a great company but I dont seem to have any luck with their regulators despite paying around £60-70 for it.

Other than CO2 Art in the UK, can anyone recommend a decent twin-stage CO2 regulator that also has a good needle valve ?

I'm still using a CO2 Art model (and had one before this one) and I'm not impressed. Despite supposedly having a better quality needle valve it does nothing - I'm continually (daily) having to mess about with the small knurled adjustment.

I think they are a great company but I dont seem to have any luck with their regulators despite paying around £60-70 for it.

You shouldn't have to be adjusting it every day, suggests you have a leak somewhere. I'm a big fan of the Co2 Art regs, and when i've had a problem with them, they've talked me through the steps to repair them.

http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/co2-regulators-dual-stage-gsc6.html

I would suggest a leak if your rate varies from day to day.

It is proper CO2 tubing you are using ?

Also can be due to excessive lengths of CO2 tubing. When I first setup my CO2 I cut the 3 meter odd of CO2 tubing to connect the various bits, but left the rest connecting one way valve to diffuser, possibly 2 meters. I found it very hard to set reliable CO2 rate, the rate varying between b*gger all and monsterous flood each time CO2 came on. Cutting the tube to more appropriate lengths, I now find the CO2 rate is infinitely adjustable (using my CO2 supermarket single stage regulator) from b*gger all to monsterous and comes on at exactly the same rate every day.

No leaks I can find but fairly long pipe length (proper CO2 pipe) - I feed my CO2 into an external reactor, dont suppose I need a large output pressure as I'm not putting the CO2 through any form of diffuser.

Any ideas what output pressure I should be using ? Currently set at around 20psi and I know diffusers need a bit more (30psi ??)

When I do get the bubble rate spot on, next day its either way too much or too little - just no consisitency

Do you have the needle valve that you can lock off with the little nut? Maybe that's not nipping up tight enough?

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Back