• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's ADA 120p

Where are the plants going ?.
Just that you have a lot of small detail stones that might be lost.
mostly at the back and between the wood. Anubis and bruces with loads of moss and ferns. hoping to add plants growing out of the water line. hairgrass at the front with hc. i know soon it will cover the small stones

Great looking hardscape...I'm sure you'll get the planting right - it's going to be epic.

Btw I have...
who got this ;)
20160806_141627.jpg

Not a fan of the small stones ( :oops: :sorry: ) - somehow they just don't seem to "fit"

Can you change the "islands" so they look more asymmetric (tank seems composed of equal sized "islands" with a separating corridor BUT this may be an aspect of the camera)

(eg you could have a left to right etc slope with smaller & bigger islands, also change up the front "area" of each island so they are less symmetric, extend the "corridor" behind 1 of the islands etc)

Fantastic wood & rock - just needs more play :)

At first sight I thought it's new George tank ;)

Nice, but your layout in 60 cm with wood as snakes was much more strong. I suppose for 120cm you need different layout though.

Excited to see the wabi-kusa aspects =). Question - what kind of wood is that?! It looks great - it has a lot of texture and I haven't seen anything like that at our LFS.

manzanita, I think

At first sight I thought it's new George tank ;)

Nice, but your layout in 60 cm with wood as snakes was much more strong. I suppose for 120cm you need different layout though.
thanks. sorry i don't understand what you mean. which 60cm tank are you talking about? the 60p with rocks and some wood you mean

cheers
ryan

Excited to see the wabi-kusa aspects =). Question - what kind of wood is that?! It looks great - it has a lot of texture and I haven't seen anything like that at our LFS.
thanks castle for getting the info. it is manzanita wood. i got it from a member who got a big box order from tom barr. its a amazing piece of wood like you said its has lots of texture and crack. i too not seen them at the local stores and its hard to find a box full for sale. individual pieces are expensive too.

Not a fan of the small stones ( :oops: :sorry: ) - somehow they just don't seem to "fit"

Can you change the "islands" so they look more asymmetric (tank seems composed of equal sized "islands" with a separating corridor BUT this may be an aspect of the camera)

(eg you could have a left to right etc slope with smaller & bigger islands, also change up the front "area" of each island so they are less symmetric, extend the "corridor" behind 1 of the islands etc)

Fantastic wood & rock - just needs more play :)
hi thanks for the comments. im a huge fan of small rock. it give loads of small details and show what you can achieve with them. i know soon or later it will disappear. ever since i did the hardscape challenge i been using small stone. it show the hardscape more

about the island i originally had plan to do 4 island 1 big at the front and smaller 1 at the back. to be honest it wasn't easy to achieve the or do the layout on such a long tank. its my first time hope im doing ok. at the moment i like it how it is i will add more soil on the side of each island

the layout is simple but its main attraction is the plant layout. i rather have a natural look. all the entry in IAPLC they are awesome don't get me wrong. it just the time and effort and planning that i don't have.

Back