• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's ADA 120p

Although it looks great,I think you should go with your original plan.
I know that means more wood/expense.Just don't tell the wife :rolleyes:.
Maybe a road trip to Aquarium Gardens.
hahaha manzanita wood is not cheap. a singel wood can cost over £15to £20

Last edited:
Firstly Ryan congratulations on a cracking article in pfk, brilliant stuff. Did you shovel all the baby gear under the bed lol? Secondly as a fan of rock and wood I absolutely love your hardscape, so much so I'd not spoil it with any stems or large plants .Well done!

Cheers, Lindy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

who got this ;)
20160806_141627.jpg

I got this from Amazon as an add-on item, honestly nice pictures, but I found the formatting of plants to be a little difficult to read, as I tend to research by locality, and I think they're alphabetical, or by family. Probably give it another look now.

They also have some nice images of really healthy plants in rivers and streams, but in all my years wading about in rivers and streams, I rarely see much abundance of green. Obviously, I do see a lot of plants, but nothing like the images they show, or the aquariums we keep ;)

Firstly Ryan congratulations on a cracking article in pfk, brilliant stuff. Did you shovel all the baby gear under the bed lol? Secondly as a fan of rock and wood I absolutely love your hardscape, so much so I'd not spoil it with any stems or large plants .Well done!

Cheers, Lindy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
hey
thank for the kind comments.
lol no the tank is at my 2nd home near work and baby is in London. at the moment my room is so messy with hardscape everywhere can't have him walking around.

iglad you like the layout i did add a few more rocks at the back and move some small pieces of wood but other than that its still looking good. hoping to plant this bad boy up soon

I got this from Amazon as an add-on item, honestly nice pictures, but I found the formatting of plants to be a little difficult to read, as I tend to research by locality, and I think they're alphabetical, or by family. Probably give it another look now.

They also have some nice images of really healthy plants in rivers and streams, but in all my years wading about in rivers and streams, I rarely see much abundance of green. Obviously, I do see a lot of plants, but nothing like the images they show, or the aquariums we keep ;)
hey i saw that on amazon too. something around £4 mark right. i wanted it but i had to spend £20 or more so i got it from eBay in stead. wicked pictures and i would love to do there job go out looking for new plants

thanks buddy hahha :lol: how you know next update would be next Tuesday???

not sure when is the next one need to order plants first and spend whole day planting

Haha, apologies. .. no pressure or anything ☺ I think perhaps you mentioned earlier that you were updating on a Tuesday before... Updates anytime are exciting! You've got great patience to slowly fill your tank & change every day, I know I wouldn't have the patience!

heyyy

update time. it's been awhile so so busy this days not enough time in the day. need extra few hours everyday for aquascaping lol

the moment i filled the tank up to soak up the wood i keep bumping into problems. first my tank was overloaded with mosquito lava :banghead: i think it the hot weather. i spent hours nettting them tiny wigglers out and then found out my tank wasn't level. couldn't do anything by my self. tank is too heavy after hardscape was in. i manage to sort that out after and then i notice the stand had bowled abit in the left middle so i didn't want to risk it so i added some supporter.

other than that i got the tank planted last night. still need more plants. its funny i always buy too many for smaller tank but this time not enough. :)

will upload pictures later after work. thanks for watching

Last edited:
Back