• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
aaronnorth said:
its been a very good scape, and one which i can clearly see you have learned a lot from :thumbup:

yup, many things indeed.

Tonser said:
Your pictures are looking fantastic, as is the tank - the colours and lighting are spot on.

getting there, long way off your standard though.

The anubias is going to samc this weekend. :angelic:

so demolition commences.

i've ripped the stems out, so i can catch the fish easier. also the anubias has been taken out. the root structure was amazing. they'd buried themselves good and proper into the substrate. you can see the white parts of the roots which were buried.

IMG_1448-01.jpg

they were 4 small pots that went in, they've at least quadrupled in 12 weeks. i suppose taking nutrients from the soil. I'll certainly consider this next scape.

IMG_1454-01.jpg

I always thought Anubias couldn't be buried at all. Is that just the rhizome then - is it okay for roots to be buried in the substrate?

rawr said:
I always thought Anubias couldn't be buried at all. Is that just the rhizome then - is it okay for roots to be buried in the substrate?

you shouldn't bury the rhizome. but the roots will be fine in substarte. BTW, i didn't bury them myself. they grew down to it. i always cut my roots off in the beginning.

depending on placement, roots wont always get to the substrate, but i was wondering why these were doing so well. growing as quick as other things in the tank. 7-8 new leaves a week, maybe even more.
on close inspection, every single leaf had a new one coming out from the base

TDI-line said:
Hi Mark, what are your plans for your next scape?

hey bud! well funny you should say that.

after thinking about money, or lack of it. i've decide to go with one more scape in the 60L. i've got the plan in my head. or in an image....

manziwooddemo.jpg

remember this? well i want to replicate it on a smaller scale 9obviosuly) and plant real simple. grass and crypts. in the past few scapes, i've gone for all out busy with regards to the amounts i've planted and i've tried to be clever with arranging them. without that much success if I'm honest.

so, i fancy simplicity with this one.

IMG_1456-02.jpg

stuworrall said:
are you going to put any moss on the wood?

i've thought about it stu. :D

i don't want to smother it though if i do. after all the wood should be seen IMO.

like amano says, you should place moss sparingly on wood to give an impression of passing time....or something like that :lol:

yeah, ive noticed that on a few scapes recently. I put too much on my rio 125 scape and it took over. When I use the manzi wood in the future im going to put it on sparse and trim it weekly then you get that tight growth which looks really nice. Its good to have some wood showing too so you get the nice contrast of colours.

Just reading through this make you realise how passionate and talented this guy is shame he isnt posting and scaping here anymore
The best scaper at the time for sure :) We miss Mark

@LondonDragon can you even begin to imagine how his tanks would be 10 years on wow
I know it's a shame, but like everything life takes over and people move on to something else :) maybe one day he will be back :)

Back