• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shallow tanks

In hind sight, I think 20cm is a bit low! The tank will basically be viewable from the front and top. The chest of drawers it will be on is only 70cm high, so it'll be quite low.

I'm thinking maybe 30cm, maybe a little more. I'm just trying to get the proportions right and my math is pretty aweful! :lol: I'm trying to work out ratios, so if I have a 70cm length, what ratio will give me a good shallow height.

Antipofish said:
Morgan Freeman said:
Is there anywhere that does off the shelf shallow tanks?

I'd like an idea off prices but I'm not ready to buy yet so don't want to hassle builders for quotes.

Looking at something like 3.5ft x 1.5 deep x 30cm tall.

£113 from this place, made in Optiwhite, for 100cm x 45cm x 30cm
http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/Poseidons_Aquariums/Rimless Aquariums.htm

Just enter the dimensions you fancy and play around with their price calculator.
you might need to add £2000 to that quote

darren636 said:
Antipofish said:
Morgan Freeman said:
Is there anywhere that does off the shelf shallow tanks?

I'd like an idea off prices but I'm not ready to buy yet so don't want to hassle builders for quotes.

Looking at something like 3.5ft x 1.5 deep x 30cm tall.

£113 from this place, made in Optiwhite, for 100cm x 45cm x 30cm
http://www.poseidons-palace.co.uk/Poseidons_Aquariums/Rimless Aquariums.htm

Just enter the dimensions you fancy and play around with their price calculator.
you might need to add £2000 to that quote

What for ?

i enter those dimensions and the price it gives is 2450 pounds. With a deposit of 800. Must be doing something wrong! :woot:

darren636 said:
i enter those dimensions and the price it gives is 2450 pounds. With a deposit of 800. Must be doing something wrong! :woot:

Clearly, LOL.

or maybe pennies with pounds? I blame flu and chest infection.

my phone will not allow me to change any of the criteria. Hence that price. Wow. 120 for an optiwhite? Really? That is fantastic. Anyone have any experience of these guys?

Nope! I *think* I submitted that form for a delivery quote, but I'm not 100% sure it worked! If I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I'll try again. £120 is great, but if delivery is going to be £50 I'd be having second thoughs :lol:

i imagine insured delivery would be a must. Probably in the region of 30 - 50 smackers. Looks like you (steve) are in a position to share any good views you might have in any dealings with this company.

I've been practicing building tanks recently and am getting some fairly good results if you're in the yorkshire area I can knock you up a tank for cost no problems I just can't deliver so you'd have to come pick up hense the yorkshire area.

he seems to be a genuine guy. Has posted here a few times.

Well, unfortunately I think I'm out of the running. Great prices and the photos looked good, but the delivery costs are a little prohibitive for me right now.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiry.

I can confirm that the cost of delivery to <postcode> will be £80 if required in the next 4 weeks.

If you were willing to wait 7-8 weeks I would be willing to bring the aquarium to you for £65.00.

If you would prefer to find your own courier please feel free to do so.

Alternatively, you are more than welcome to collect the aquarium direct from my home address, based in Keighley, West Yorkshire.

If you wish to proceed with the order, please can you e-mail me back indicating if you would require delivery, would be having a courier pick up or if you would prefer to collect the aquarium.

Regards

Jez

I read from that that they'll be delivered by hand as it were, so the delivery cost is probably pretty reasonable. Unfortunately I'm not looking to spend that much at the moment, but I will definitely be in touch with Jez in the future about a tank! When I get on the property ladder next year (hopefully)!

Back