• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

Re: Shrimp Only Tank - Juwel Rekord 60

saintly said:
LondonDragon said:
Btw thanks for the cabinet info, managed to get one like yours delivered for £59.
your welcome.
Make that £49 including delivery ;) think thats a great deal!

Thanks LD i would love some i dont know if its the same as i have in my tank on this coconut
20080711_04.jpg

ill p/m you with details. Cheers,also the spiky moss, is it planted in the substrate, ive never seen it like this, i thought it just attached to wood or rock???

That on the coconut shell is most likely Java Moss, the one I have on the substrate is attached to a rock, which as now been covered which forms a nice carpet ;)

Just a quick update, things are growing nicely on this tank, earlier in the week I moved this tank to the new cabinet and its settled quick nicely. Only been dosing 5ml per week of TPN+ and EC, lets see how this does. Haven't added any more shrimp to the tank, still hoping to get some Red Nose and some Sulawesi, maybe later in the week. Have also some good news about the CRS, see photos below.

Tank View:
pict1125sh9.jpg

Closer look:
pict1129hg2.jpg

Red Cherry Shrimp:
pict1147ew6.jpg

Now for the good news, two of my CRS are carrying eggs!!
pict1144dg6.jpg

pict1100tc9.jpg

Close up of the eggs:
pict1100aud9.jpg

Comments and critis always welcome, thanks for looking :)

Love the moss wall at the back looks really healthy,good look with the crs :D

awesome pics, especially the two showing the eggs. Shoud I place a reserve order now for some CRS from you LD :lol:

Thanks guys, I have now spotted a third shrimp with eggs, so hopefully will have quite a nice number of them.
The idea is to then start sending them to forum members at little price, like a pound each or something to start everyone breeding them and then make them available to everyone. :)

Hi LD,

Well done on the crs that's great news,

People like you who breed them with the intention of supplying to increase the availability without making a huge proifit deserve a big shout out,

most people breed to make a huge profit

but I respect people like you alot more, well done mate :D

That's one of the best things about this forum - members are always willing to help out for little or no profit.

Thanks LD, and congrats mate :) Your shrimp only tank is exactly what I wanted before I went plant mad :lol: Good work mate :D

spaldingaquatics said:
Hi LD,

Well done on the crs that's great news,

People like you who breed them with the intention of supplying to increase the availability without making a huge proifit deserve a big shout out,

most people breed to make a huge profit

but I respect people like you alot more, well done mate :D

I couldn't agree more :D

Thanks guys, I just think £14.99+ for a CRS is a total rip off, Lisa I got mine at my local LFS for £3 each, they are low/non grade but I wanted to try to breed these before I splashed some cash on some proper grades and they look good anyway. I will see what kind of colouration I get on the offspring, will also get some bee shrimp (same as CRS just black and white).
Considering getting some Sulawesi as I have seen someone breed both Sulawesi and CRS in the same tank, but most claim they need different water parameters, I have my doubts concerning that, I might just get a batch of 10 from my LFS at £7.50 each and see how that goes.

Superb work with both the planting side and camera side as always LD, the close up of the eggs is probably one of my favourate pics I have seen taken since I have got into fish keeping.

I Have a friend in Sweden who is well into this shrimp and he has some high grade CRS and absolutely loves them, I'm sure you will to. I may be getting a few of them shipped over to me at some point, to go in an 80l I am currently getting ready, if I can get them to breed I aim to do the same thing as you are. Would be nice to be able to chip in somehow and help out the members who help poor, clueless planters like me!!

As Spalding mentioned, the amount you seem to give out to the forum in way of advice, plants and not to mention the promotional work you do :))) makes you a real credit to the forum.

Thanks Laffers83 :) if you ever get a shipment from your friend in Sweden let me know and we could always go halves on postage costs if you live near enough London for local pick up. Cheers

Looks like a really nice setup you've got there.
How did you make the moss wall? I tried one before but fish kept going behind it and getting stuck - i guess it's ok once it's grown in though.

Also, how often do you feed the shrimp?

Voo said:
Looks like a really nice setup you've got there.
How did you make the moss wall? I tried one before but fish kept going behind it and getting stuck - i guess it's ok once it's grown in though.
Also, how often do you feed the shrimp?
Moss wall was created with a plastic mesh, you can see on the photo below, sits nice and tight against the glass so no danger to fish.

pict0002oq3.jpg

I feed the shrimp daily with high calcium pellets designed for crabs and crayfish.

:)

great tank, im really starting to like moss's cause of your tanks, the dark greens and black/brown colour of the substrate creates a nice mix of colours with in the tank.
nicee tank. Keep up the hard work....
cheers....passerby

Back