• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Soda stream

ivka

hi everyone.i was just wondering.is soda stream any good for 200 liter tank?how long it would last with say 2 bps?

bps is not a measurement as depends on size of bubble etc etc. My bps will be different from your bps with same tank as I may have better CO2 distribution than you....

I get about 100 days with 2Kg FE for £10 with my 180l tank. Sodastream is 425gr, so I would get 425/2000*100 -> 21 days @ £10.

Thus for me sodastream will be 5 times more expensive.

I use Soda bottle on small 60L tank and lasts couple of months, I only use because of lack of space for FE. For a 200L tank if you have room definitely use FE, will last longer, more cost efficient and probably better pressure than Soda to drive your choice of diffuser / reactor.

probably better pressure than Soda to drive your choice of diffuser / reactor.
Pressure is the same for FE & Sodastream & in fact any containing liquid CO2 at room temperature, about 55bar (800psi). Regulated out pressure depends on you choice of regulator. I have a CO2Supermarket regulator (on an FE) driving an 16mm UP inline diffuser, works fine.

You don't have to locate your CO2 cylinder of choice near the tank, quite a few people have their cylinders located in cellars, other side of room or outside and provided "plumbed" in correct have no issues.

Other option which some people have done is to have the capability to refill your own Sodastream bottles. They have say a 34Kg CO2 cylinder in the garage, a sodastream filling kit and set of scales. You decant the CO2 from big cylinder to sodastream bottle till it contains 425gr. Big cylinder is about £1/Kg so 1/10the cost of buying Sodastream refills.

Thanks .i will use 2 kg cylinder. I didn't know that the biges sodastream bottle is 425 g that is too small and don't want to refil that often. Thanks for help. :)

You just need a suppler of 2Kg fire extinguishers now. I just noted the phone numbers down on the fire extinguishers at work (and local shops) and phoned them. One of them their rep passes my work regularly and charges me £10 for 2Kg. Had one or two, for £5 each, with only a couple of months left on their test date (10 years since manufacture), not suitable for use at work, but fine for aquarium use.

Back