solenoid off ebay

Steve Smith

Lunapet are a good company. I bought my first regulator through them and had no probs, but most people here have bought something from them at some time or other.

steve2tanks

Yeah thats where i got my reg from ages ago,so thought that the solenoid should be fine,just wanted to know if any one had 1 or used one

milla

Yes i got one of those. Had for about a year with no probs what so ever infact i prefer it to the D&D one i had on another setup, it runs a lot cooler than the D&D one.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I have been using that same one that came with my lunapet kit and so far can't fault it, can't ear it either which is good ;)

Wolfenrook

Same solenoid on my kit. Never hear it (if it clicks it's quieter than the click of my mechanical timer) as it's silent, and it only runs a bit hot (doesn't burn). 2 pin europlugs are easier to get adaptors for as well. :lol:

Ade

altaaffe

I've got one of those & it emptied a bottle before I realised. The lock washer was too wide and didn't allow the seal to mate inside, it was OK while I was using their reactor (low pressure), however when I switched to a glass diffuser the higher pressure caused a leak. On removal of the lock washer the rubber seal was allowed to mate and the problem disappeared. I passed this info on to them but got no response back, so can only hope they resolved it.

Wolfenrook

Sounds like you tried to attach it directly onto the regulator, I did the same and had the same problem. Mount them inline though and they are fine, and not as noisy as the Malaysian ones.

Ade