solenoid off ebay

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by steve2tanks, 19 Aug 2008.

1. steve2tanks

steve2tanks Member

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

Lunapet are a good company. I bought my first regulator through them and had no probs, but most people here have bought something from them at some time or other.

3. steve2tanks

steve2tanks Member

Yeah thats where i got my reg from ages ago,so thought that the solenoid should be fine,just wanted to know if any one had 1 or used one

4. milla

milla Member

Yes i got one of those. Had for about a year with no probs what so ever infact i prefer it to the D&D one i had on another setup, it runs a lot cooler than the D&D one.

5. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

I have been using that same one that came with my lunapet kit and so far can't fault it, can't ear it either which is good ;)

6. Joecoral

Joecoral Member

I've just ordered a reg from aquaticmagic, another company which seems to be pretty popular for regs

7. steve2tanks

steve2tanks Member

Well thats me sold then,just clicking "Buy It Now" :lol:

8. Wolfenrook

Wolfenrook Member

Same solenoid on my kit. Never hear it (if it clicks it's quieter than the click of my mechanical timer) as it's silent, and it only runs a bit hot (doesn't burn). 2 pin europlugs are easier to get adaptors for as well. :lol:

Ade

9. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

I've got one of those & it emptied a bottle before I realised. The lock washer was too wide and didn't allow the seal to mate inside, it was OK while I was using their reactor (low pressure), however when I switched to a glass diffuser the higher pressure caused a leak. On removal of the lock washer the rubber seal was allowed to mate and the problem disappeared. I passed this info on to them but got no response back, so can only hope they resolved it.

10. Wolfenrook

Wolfenrook Member

Sounds like you tried to attach it directly onto the regulator, I did the same and had the same problem. Mount them inline though and they are fine, and not as noisy as the Malaysian ones.

Ade

11. steve2tanks

steve2tanks Member

cheers for that,i was going to mount it inline tho,i'll keep a check on it when i set it up ;)