• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Starting point Wabi-Kusa

Mate your Wabikusa's are amazing.
The imagination and creativity you put into every one of these is unbelievable.
I recently started messing with wabikusa's but my first try probably gonna end up a miserable failure.
For the first three weeks it was working amazing, but then suddenly the HC started melting and covered in mould.
11822382_758497847591985_7003665733084824070_n.jpg

This was it before it started going down hill.
I really don't know what caused it.
But i will keep trying, specially now that i have seen how successful they can be.

Mate your Wabikusa's are amazing.
The imagination and creativity you put into every one of these is unbelievable.
I recently started messing with wabikusa's but my first try probably gonna end up a miserable failure.
For the first three weeks it was working amazing, but then suddenly the HC started melting and covered in mould.
11822382_758497847591985_7003665733084824070_n.jpg

This was it before it started going down hill.
I really don't know what caused it.
But i will keep trying, specially now that i have seen how successful they can be.

Hi Aquamaniac, Thank you :thumbup:

Don't give up;) I had some W-K fail its all part of the learning curve :D

You W-K was off to a good start there. Think it could of been that the substrate was to wet ?? It needs to be just damp.Or if you had it covered there was no air flow so mould started ???

Please let me know when you do another one :thumbup:

Very nice!! Do you have an assembly line Roy? You keep 'm comming like that. :lol:
I'm totaly in love with that Hygophila pinnatifida, that is such a nice versatile plant. Got to get it.
That Ducky is also very nice, in a way submersed it doesn't look so nice as emersed.. It would look stunning on the table under a glass bell.. :) Would that work?

Very nice!! Do you have an assembly line Roy? You keep 'm comming like that. :lol:
I'm totaly in love with that Hygophila pinnatifida, that is such a nice versatile plant. Got to get it.
That Ducky is also very nice, in a way submersed it doesn't look so nice as emersed.. It would look stunning on the table under a glass bell.. :) Would that work?

Hi Zozo, Thank you :thumbup: Sort of an assembly line :D Just using up odd plants as I have stripped down my tanks. And over ordered on new plants As you do :lol:
H pinn,Is wonderful I love the leaf shaped and colour. I will be using in my upcoming scapes .

I like the size of Ducky :) And yes it would work under a dome and look fab as a table piece. Alas glass domes are expensive. Been looking at IKEA glass ware and they have a Cylinder 3 piece vase set the taller of the glass's you could use like a dome the others as W-K containers :)

Alas glass domes are expensive

Are they? what's expensive in the UK? I've been looking for some other stuff to order from the UK and indeed i thought wow those Brits must have a nice salery. Its also Pound vs Euro spoiling the fun for me and the shipping. But when i look around over here at glass bells/domes they are quit affordable like this one 30cm high 25cm diameter with wooden dish.
http://assets.wehkamp.com/i/wehkamp/469477_pb_01?$pdp616x616$
inc. shipping € 29 and simpler looking come half the prise.

They are Okea. :thumbup: Unbeatable price.. guess i've have to go there soon and see what they have over here. Im on a budget too.. :nailbiting:

Hi Ed :) I know, thanks anyway.. The intratuin near us got bankrupt, it's now PraxisTuin.. :) The have a lot glass.. But they are rather expensive. And im spoiled always looking for something out of the ordenairy.. :oops::rolleyes:

Roy, does it come with dressing? Kinda looks like a well arranged tasty salade. :) Very beautiful again..

Back