• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Temperature

AD_AM

Seedling
I'm thinking of starting my first aquascape (and first tank of any kind).

Ive done a bit of research so far, but I'm still a little confused about water temperature and tropical/cold water fish.

From what I can tell, the ideal temp for plants is 24-28 degrees, so do most aquascapes have tropical fish? A bit confused as most AS I've seen use rainbow fish which are cold water.

Thanks

It really depends on what plants and fish you are going to keep. If you do some research on what you will keep you might identify that some may not suit others and as such you will need to adapt your stocking list until it suits what your after.

There is no ideal temp to suit all tanks

Hope this helps.
Dave

Have tried to keep my 500l at 22 degrees but even with the heaters off it creeps up to 23-24 degrees. Left the glass covers off last night after WC and it was the first time it was at 22, surprising how much heat the covers hold in plus less heat loss with evaporation as well OFC.
'Winter is coming' so 22 should be possible as feeling much cooler in the house at night last few days

Back