• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tom's Mini M

Re: Tom's Mini M - Fully Planted

Thanks Mark and Johan :D Mark I'm gonna be following your 60cm closely too :thumbup: Gotta love a bit of moss, eh. I've always wanted to try Bolbitis too, but never had the space in these small tanks. Can wait to fill this up now, but I want to give it at least a month to get going. Patience! :rolleyes: :mad:

I've had a nice email from Planted Tanks this evening and might have some more Glosso in the post which is very good of them :thumbup:

The HC is starting to take off, which has surprised me with it's speed in a dry start. I'll have a strong carpet in 10 days at this rate, so will start trimming the old stuff back soon. There's some nice, small compact leaves appearing.

Tom

Re: Re: Tom's Mini M - Fully Planted

Looking tip top broseph,

I love seeing the start of a new journal (sure I said that to you at the start of 10L ) especially one as well planed as this. Keep the photographs coming mate.

Ryan

Thanks Luis. I was going to get Bright Sand or Nile Sand, but I love the look of the Forest Sand. The black bits in it are just bits of Aquasoil that have floated away. I can see what you mean, and I'll see how it goes. I do like the Forest Sand but it may be cause to try out some finer stuff. Either that, or it could be graded like it was in the 10 liter. I've got loads of it spare anyway.

Tom

Just thought I'd put up a pic of the HC that's now finding it's feet. Most of it is the Pets@Home Tropica.

IMG_9107.jpg

Re: Tom's Mini M - Fully Planted

love this mate.can't wait till you flood it :D .

Neither can I! But now I've replanted the HC and hairgrass in the 10 liter, I have no spare filter/CO2. Could always swap that to emersed when I need the equipment I suppose. Might be a plan actually. Sorry, thinking out loud again!

Looks good, the chunk in the middle is'nt so noticable anymore, now that it's planted. Are you going to fill it up soon?

Probably not :p It's gonna be at least a month I reckon. I want to make sure everything is rooted nicely, and I should be getting some more Glosso next week. I quite fancy the look of Staurogyne too, it might work well just in front of the main "log" behind the glosso, but I don't want to make it too cluttered or complicated-looking. Could also work in the mid-right and mid-left, if that makes sense. I'm quite tempted to fill it in a week or so just to get an idea how it will look, then drain it back down again.

Tom

I also think Staurogyne would look good in front of the wood, but the question is if it will grow too high...

Daaaamn! Looks so good tom. Gotta be happy with that aye mate.

For a second I imagine to was a 4foot tank and 2foot tall, with the front flooded bit be deep enough for a betta or dwarf cichlid, and it started to get freak me out abit haha.

Anyway enough of that crazy talk.

Well done pal. :D

JEK said:
I also think Staurogyne would look good in front of the wood, but the question is if it will grow too high...

I'm not sure. I don't think so, but then I've not kept it (successfully). Might have to get a small portion and see. If not, those were the areas I was going to have the Glosso, and hopefully let it grow a bit higher if it will.

Antoni Dimitrov said:
Lovely litle tank! Cant wait to see it developed and mature!

Regards

Thanks Antoni :D

nayr88 said:
Daaaamn! Looks so good tom. Gotta be happy with that aye mate.

For a second I imagine to was a 4foot tank and 2foot tall, with the front flooded bit be deep enough for a betta or dwarf cichlid, and it started to get freak me out abit haha.

Anyway enough of that crazy talk.

Well done pal. :D

Ryan, ya drunk? :shh: :lol:

Re: Tom's Mini M - Shots of new growth

Sorry, but I'm excited about this. Just noticed new growth on the tenellus, hairgrass, and even the Crypts and Glosso that thought would take some more time. :D :thumbup: Honestly more growth in this since planting on Thursday than I've had in the nightmare 10l in months. Not even joking, it's quite sad!

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9115.jpg

IMG_9112.jpg

Tom

Re: Re: Tom's Mini M - Shots of new growth 30/01

Congrats mate, its doing well. I've been doing some googling on DSM, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Yes, the drink got the better of me. Whoops. Haha

Re: Tom's Mini M - Shots of new growth 30/01

Congrats mate, its doing well. I've been doing some googling on DSM, I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers :) It's seeming like a really easy way to get started so far, you should go for it!

Glosso is definitely growing... upwards! Not too bad for the first 3 days though. Shall I just chop off the new growth and replant to try and get it to go sideways?

ResizeAssistant-2-6.jpg

ResizeAssistant-1-8.jpg

Tom

Back