Trace elements safe for inverts

rikwilliams

Hello,

I have just converted my large marine reef tank to a planted tropical tank and am using RO water, so I am buffering the water to the correct pH but also need to add trace elements - there are plenty of bottles you can buy out there like seachem, but I want to continue to keep my freshwater shrimp and they all have copper in. Are there any safe for inverts, any brand names and experience would be great.

Thanks

Richard.

a1Matt

I use the powedered trace mix that Aqua Essentials (one of the forum sponsors) sell.
Have used it with Amano shrimp for a couple of years with no problems.
Have had Caradina cf. babaulti for a couple of weeks and they seem happy with it as well.

nry

All will be safe for shrimp unless someone says otherwise - the majority of planted tank enthusiasts will have shrimp and all will likely be dosing a trace liquid/powder. 99% of off-the-shelf aquarium plant fertilisers are nothing but trace elements.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
As long they are not overdosed by high quantities they should be safe to use, I have used trace powder in my tank for a couple of years without any probs to the shrimp. The only prob I have are the Bosemani Rainbows have grown a liking for shrimp :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nick16

LondonDragon said:
As long they are not overdosed by high quantities they should be safe to use, I have used trace powder in my tank for a couple of years without any probs to the shrimp. The only prob I have are the Bosemani Rainbows have grown a liking for shrimp :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
will other Rainbows like M.praecox eat cherries or amano's? as the M.praecox are smaller than bosemani's. What about Keyholes, do you think they will munch them?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Onoma1 Shrimp Safe Inflow Inverts 21