• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tricolor - Pico Cube - 1-2 Grow

Re: The Shard - Pico Cube - Filled

A few Pix from Today.
The Inlet/outlet are the same as from the "Barren" scape. Cleaned up the Outlet (made from a Bic Biro). Turned to Pump to Full and Sorted out the Issues I had, had in the past with trapped Air in the Canister Chamber. Now the filter is Silent.
You Might be able to see how I used a Pipe Downsizer for the Outlet connection and then wrapped in Electrical Tape. Been using this for years to fix and leaks or loose connections.

Ignore the Plastic Dog, my Little boy likes it there.
001.jpg

004-1.jpg

007.jpg

013-1.jpg

You can see how small the Male is compared to the Female. Smallest male I have.
016.jpg

Re: The Shard - Pico Cube - Filled

hinch said:
thats a pretty awesome homemade filter

Cheers, the Build details are in the barren Thread, if you want to have a look

The Shard - Pico Cube - New Pix

:) I like it, but I don't think you should be keeping fish in there, even of they are little tiddlers

Re: The Shard - Pico Cube - New Pix

Have used this size before for these fish, and have been housed fine. The Female is almost at max size and male a few mm more.

Changed the Position of the Spray bar to along the top.

Micro Crabs and Rilli Arrived Safe and Sound, Even after going to the wrong address and 4 hour Delay. They are in a Breeder in the main tank untill this is more mature. Will take out the HF and Keep just for these.
I can Already see the great colors on them even though they are under 5mm.

sarahtermite said:
Will you post pics of the micro-crabs? I've never seen them before - sound interesting!

Will Do, they are great little inhabitants.

I Sometimes Don't have the Patience to mature a Pico, So Might Clone the Larger tank Filter to This to Speed things up.

Found some really Nice Pico Sized Monoliths in The Range today. 12 Rocks for £1.99. Going to try them out in a bowl under lighting to see which I like the best. Is a Mix of Rainbow,Slate, Mixed Quartz etc.

Also Noticed in passing that they are Selling 5Kilos of Lava Rock for £4.99 - Did not have time to check it out though.

Just took some pix using my HTC as a Light. As went to turn on the light and it has fused. So will dig out one of the Clip on 9w Lights I got in India tomorrow.

So Apologies for them not being very good

233.jpg

231.jpg

Ooh, that is a strange wee beast! I can't help but find it odd seeing a crab in a planted tank. It'll be interesting to see more of this - thanks for posting the pics :)

Micro crabs are awesome! Mine only comes out at night tho

Just trying out some of the rocks i got yesterday.
the Biggest Crab has dug himself a little pit, and uprooted the Hydrocoylte. Numpty.
I don't think I will Keep the reddish stone, distracts the Eye tooo Much.

I am already loving the colors on the Rilli Shrimp, Very Deep Red.

216.jpg

Pit Dug
208.jpg

192.jpg

189.jpg

199.jpg

197.jpg

196.jpg

Also going to add the Background today. Removing the Red Stone, and will try some of the Smaller Pointy Rocks.
I must say for £1.99 these Rocks have turned out better than I expected.

Re: Tricolor - Pico Cube - New Pix

Those shrimp are interesting. Can I see a close up?

My girlfriend would freak out if i had those crabs in my tanks. She has serious "anything with spindly legs" phobia.

Thanks, Will try to get some shots. They are a little small for the camera to focus on properly yet. These are Nowhere near the quality of some breeders. I am happy with how they look.

those shrimp look great Gill! When they breed give me a nudge...

ianho said:
those shrimp look great Gill! When they breed give me a nudge...

Okaey Dokey, You will have to remind me Though

Tank is coming along Nicely.
One question though, the Sp.Japan keeps uprooting itself. it does not stay in the substrate for long.

Back