• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waste of time

Hi all,
I do wonder what has happened to covid? Seems to have disappeared.
It is absolutely rife in schools where staff are still COVID testing.
Further, it's perhaps doubtful the vaccination was necessary at all and that it may actually have made things
My personal view is (I think) that a lot more people would have died without vaccination.
This was the most serious disaster since WW2, of course there has to be an inquiry. It helps the bereaved and those who never recovered. It reveals some of the corruption. It shows why such bad decisions were taken. It's still the case that around 1 in 10 who get Covid succumb to Long Covid. I generally love this site and I don't always think it's helpful when people post off-topic. There are other platforms for that. But when an issue has killed and severely affected so many, I think sometimes it's worth considering what their needs might be. You won't find many people who lost loved ones who don't want an enquiry.
Fully agree.

cheers Darrel

Funnily enough children in my extended family in secondary schools have had covid within last 12 months, some very recently.

They’re also all a lot more iller (multiple days off each month for colds) which is something my family have commented on.

My personal view is (I think) that a lot more people would have died without vaccination.
Yes, you're probably right. What I found difficult though, was the diminishing sovereignty that folk had over their own bodies as this pandemic progressed and the government began to forcibly coerce the unvaccinated in to submission. For me that was a step too far.

was the diminishing sovereignty that folk had over their own bodies as this pandemic progressed and the government did their best to forcibly coerce the unvaccinated in to submission. For me that was a step too far, and one in the direction of totalitarianism.
The amount of people pushing this was alarming and people wondered how and why the Germans never spoke up when the nazi's were in power, plenty during covid turned into little Hitlers themselves while others just went along with things for an easy life while some of us were villified day in, day out !

Exactly my words for the past couple of days.... I think if you pay $250.000 to dive into 13000ft of water in a metal barrel to check out a ship wreak thats been sitting there for 110 years (ever heard of Google image search?), I think that qualifies as being on your own.... especially while at the same time hundreds of boat refugees are drowning off the coast of Greece and no one gives a s*it... Makes me furious!

Cheers,
Michael

From the Wall Street Journal:
“...A top secret U.S. Navy acoustic detection system designed to spot enemy submarines first heard the Titan sub implosion hours after the submersible began its mission, officials involved in the search said. The Navy began listening for the Titan almost as soon as the sub lost communications, according to a U.S. defense official. Shortly after its disappearance, the U.S. system detected what it suspected was the sound of an implosion near the debris site discovered Thursday and reported its findings to the commander on site, U.S. defense officials said.”

Good job so-called “defense officials”... right... now our enemies know our capabilities and we could have saved taxpayers from 4 (at least) different countries millions of dollars. Sometimes you just gotta “love” America. ;) ... I love my country, but if they can't or dare make a preemptive call on this top secret U.S. Navy acoustic detection system what's the value of it then...

At least the 5 crew members did NOT have to suffer through the grueling experience of being stuck down there and eventually dying from asphyxiation. An implosion at 13000 ft under 6000 PSI of preasure would have caused instantaneous death. My sympathy to the families left behind. 🙏

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
I do wonder what has happened to covid? Seems to have disappeared.

In the summer a friends wedding caused dozens of people to get covid.

I tested positive last Sunday and got a negative test today. Had worse colds but wasn’t all easy.

I guess Covid is a lingering, invisible threat these days.

If im not feeling well i just stay away from people as much as i can especially elderly relatives, BUT i do that anyway if it be flu or cold. That's not saying that Covid is in the same class as flu etc.

I never got vaccinated, and never will. I was treated like a leper, and insane from members of my own family as if i was committing suicide or murder.

Im not vaccine hesitant or against them, but the way they went about it made me suspicious from the off. I will never forget me sitting there like in the eye of some storm whilst everyone was losing their minds. I really thought i was going to go insane at some point.

Maybe covid was made for Genetic warfare ?
I mean China seems to want to control all of Asia if it could so having a genetic weapon to weaken a particular race in a country would make it easier

The fact that it escaped before the antidote was made (if theres even one in existence) caused the problem

It has certainly seems to have made some politicians and their friends money

I got vaccinated just because im a sheep and did what i was told

I live near to the M6 between Manchester and Liverpool airports so the sky is always full of planes

As someone who suffers with depression and anxiety I actually enjoyed the lockdown , no m6 drone in the background clear skies etc plus people were more polite, people in the food sector had on gloves and full face masks which was better hygienically than ever before

I separated from my wife of 27 years in January2020 so was alone throughout the lockdown so that was difficult as id never lived alone before

Since then i have tried online dating and some woman refuse to talk to vaccinated men and some others refuse to talk to unvaccinated men !
Im still alone

Hi all,

Personally I've been repeatedly vaccinated and I'll carry on having as many vaccinations <"as I'm offered">. COVID19 is never going away and it is going to carry on killing people.

cheers Darrel

Just came back from a UK holiday including a few nights in London where I had to occasionally take the crowded tube but I mainly took the bus as I've never found the tube to be particularly pleasant (though the Elizabeth Line is very nice).

Tested twice after the holiday and negative so far even though I am pretty sure I must have been exposed to the virus while taking the tube/bus in London. I suppose the vaccine helped and I will get the updated one in November, because others have said that the current covid variants are not milder and symptoms can be unpleasant.

We have just had a sweep of covid across our island, it seems quite a nasty virus as many people have been quite ill.
However we had it in our house, with two people sick and two no catching it at all.
I have had it once, my wife twice and we were all really ill, on all occasions, for over a week.
It is still running its course though out Guernsey.

Unfortunately in the UK it will get worse as more and more people are now not bothering about vaccination.which is sad, Last year a week before my son's wedding l got Covid. It was a stressful week ,the wedding had been cancelled through Covid previously and there would be people at the wedding not to well last thing they needed was Covid passed on, fortunately by end of week l tested negative ,a great day and the wedding went smoothly, my son even organized a Mexican Band at the reception which was great fun

Back