• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Week aqua users

p1200.jpg

I sent my WRGB2 Pro in for warranty service today, and at the same time, someone was exchanging his apparently nearly new defective P1200 for a new set.... since Rainbow appears to be the distributor you can get a sensing of what sort of items get sent in for warranty service/exchange. :)

I've just ordered a pair of the week aqua a430 pros and a pair of the shades. Even with delivery works out cheaper then buying one chihiros vivid.

I will see how I find things when they arrive. Tbh I'm not a person to go crazy with the customization. I'm sure they will be better then my nicrew lights running over my current tank.

How are things with app recently?

I got my WRGB2 Pro fixed. Shop said the bluetooth controller had failed so they replaced it with a new one.
So now I have a WRGB2 Pro and Week Aqua P900 to do 1-1 comparisons.
  • They are really close, so it will probably boil down to price.
  • Even though the P900 website claims it has more lumens, I am not convinced. I really think they are both the same (even though the P900's more transparent lens cover should let more light through).
  • Because the WRGB2 Pro allows you to tweak RGB+W channels, there are more combinations available and a higher chance you can find a colour rendition that you like.
  • I think that the P900 makes yellow plants a tiny little more 'orange' compared to WRGB2 and full daylight for that matter. But if I reduce the red channel, the yellow colour is not as 'rich' as that from the WRGB2 Pro. Yellow is one of those difficult to reproduce colours - if you look at a spectrum chart - yellow only occupies a tiny space from 570-585nm (whereas Green is 490-570nm and blue is 440-490nm). Apart from yellow plants I really don't see any difference between the P900 and the Pro.
  • The way the P900 shade is mounted on the light is more secure compared to the way the shade is mounted on the Pro.
  • I haven't touched the app so it is only doing simple on/off. For sunrise/sunset - I use the WRGB2Pro to ramp up the light for a few minutes then the P900 switches on.

So currently, the WRGB2 Pro is in the front of the tank while the P900 is at the rear. Algae are probably thrilled at having so much light. I might switch the light positions occasionally to see the difference. Sometimes it could just be a question of getting used to a (slightly) different colour rendition.

How are things with app recently?
I actually find it quite stable and easy to use now. I never have to do things more than once and it just works.

If you ordered from abroad from Ali Express or something, just be prepared to pay custom fees. It still works out cheaper than a pair of Vivid 2s but just something to be wary of.

Nope and it makes no sense. You cannot change the power when using a custom spectrum. It only allows you to change the power if you are using one of their pre-set (Green, Red, Mixed, Gorgeous (whatever that means) or Colorful). What I did was I just used one of the closest looking preset they have to make the sunrise. The last one is my actual custom spectrum (I named it 'Balanced low'). This is for my shrimp tank so light is pretty low anyway: Like so:
View attachment 202773
I am not sure this will work though. I am waiting tomorrow morning to see what it does.
Hi Hanuman,

Iam just about to order two p900 so iam wondering if It ramps between each setting or it just jumps from 10 to 20 power, and when reaching to the last setting does it ramp down before shutting down or it just shuts.

Hi Hanuman,

Iam just about to order two p900 so iam wondering if It ramps between each setting or it just jumps from 10 to 20 power, and when reaching to the last setting does it ramp down before shutting down or it just shuts.
It's not progressive if that's what you are asking. It jumps straight to the next %. Chihiros makes this a lot smoother.

It's not progressive if that's what you are asking. It jumps straight to the next %. Chihiros makes this a lot smoother.
This is really disappointing, I have a chihiros slim 90 but I upgraded my tank and was planning to buy two p900 for the new tank so do you think the difference in colour rendition is it worth it to give up over the smoothness or shall I just buy another chihiros slim 90 and use it with the current one my new tank

This is really disappointing, I have a chihiros slim 90 but I upgraded my tank and was planning to buy two p900 for the new tank so do you think the difference in colour rendition is it worth it to give up over the smoothness or shall I just buy another chihiros slim 90 and use it with the current one my new tank
You can't compare the Slim 90 to the P900. The P900 is more powerful. In fact double the power.
In terms of color rendition I can't say because I have never owned at Slim 90. This said I did have a WRGB 1 before and the P900 is on another level.
Now if what is important for you is the sunrise/sunset, then obviously it would be best to stay with Chihiros. I lost that ability when switching to Week Aqua, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. ;). Also the P900 was considerably cheaper than the equivalent WRGB II. Half the price in fact.

You can't compare the Slim 90 to the P900. The P900 is more powerful. In fact double the power.
In terms of color rendition I can't say because I have never owned at Slim 90. This said I did have a WRGB 1 before and the P900 is on another level.
Now if what is important for you is the sunrise/sunset, then obviously it would be best to stay with Chihiros. I lost that ability when switching to Week Aqua, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. ;). Also the P900 was considerably cheaper than the equivalent WRGB II. Half the price in fact.
Well I guess I will order it and will have to wait for them to update it in future , vibrant colours is an addiction 😅 .

Thanks a lot for your reply and support will update on my thoughts once I receive it .

Well I guess I will order it and will have to wait for them to update it in future , vibrant colours is an addiction 😅 .

Thanks a lot for your reply and support will update on my thoughts once I receive it .

well , if you are addicted to colour and want easy sunrise/sunset settings, and easy to use manual mode, there's always the WRGB2 Pro, and since it has R-G-B-W channels to play with (vs only R-G-B-UV for P900), it might be easier to tweak the WRGB2 Pro to a colour that you like better.

While P900 is half the price of the WRGB 2 Pro in Thailand, the P900 is only about 30% cheaper than WRGB2 Pro in my country. If P900 was half the price here I would probably have gone for it from the start as well.

There doesn't seem to be a manual mode in the P900 App... (i.e. if I want to temporarily turn on the lights for a few minutes to do maintenance, I just use the Chihiros instead as I can't figure out the Week Aqua app for manual mode).

Awesome , although I didn't order mine yet but iam going to send them the same from now , but whom should I send to can you share the contact details or shall I just send to there Facebook page ?
One more thing has anyone had issue with the P900 cooling fan ?
Look up in the thread. I posted the whatsapp number.

Back