• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Welcome :) Tell us about yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, no doubt many people on here will regonise the username from the PFK forum, I thought I would join up so i had some where to come for more indepth planted infomation, look forward to seeing and meeting you all.
regards curlywig

Hello. My name is Enzo Fiorelli (Enzofloyd) and I'm new in the hobby. I'm 26 years old. I live in Montevideo, Uruguay, South America. I'm a medical student.
Currently I have an aquarium of 65 liters planted with various species from the area where I live and from abroad.
I hope to learn enough here. Please excuse my English.
Thank you.

I'm Jayne,and if life begins at 40 then I'm 4 years old :lol:

Married to Billy who owns a marine shop and builds fish tanks/filtration systems and we have a daughter Stef who is 17.

I love this forum,everyone is very helpful without being judgemental,and I'm really glad to have somewhere to ask all my questions without feeling like a total idiot :rolleyes: (not a TOTAL one anyway)

I'm a bit of a worrier so I tend to ask about every little thing - so thanks to everyone for your patience :)

Hi everyone! I'm Wayne from the West Midlands.
I started fishkeeping a little under under a year ago and now have 5 tanks running and have just decided to make tank number 6 my first ever planted tank :D , I'm kinda jumping straight in the deep end with a high light E.I. fertilised tank with 2kg fire extinguisher. It's been running for 2 weeks now and so far so good (touch wood) ;)
Some folks might recognise me from PFK but being as i've started a planted tank i thought it would make sense to join here too. Anyhoo thats me, hope to speak to you all soon. Thanks :D

hi all,I have literally registered seconds ago.
My name is mick,I live in Newark,Notts & have just set up a five foot planted discus tank.I know a lot about discus but planted tanks is all new to me so loads of questions will be asked. :D
This is the first time I have combined the two so in new territory.

Hi Mick,

Welcome to the forum. Have a good read around and ask all the questions you want, the guys on here are excellent and there's always someone with an answer :)

Helen.

mickey said:
hi all,I have literally registered seconds ago.
I know a lot about discus but planted tanks is all new to me so loads of questions will be asked. :D
This is the first time I have combined the two so in new territory.

Here is a little inspiration for you, Amano style.

foto01a_108.jpg

Dave.

lol, mine certainly don't look anywhere near as good as that ,getting there but keep sending "physic vibes "to the plants willing them to grow quicker :D

Mark from Luton

Hi all

Im married and in my mid 40s with 2 great kids who have nearly finished school.

I live on the outskirts of Luton and support the not so mighty Hatters.

Im into all types of sports and love nature to.

I have a pond in the garden, a hedgehog box and lots of bird feeders.

We also have a cat (Who like watching the birds) and a westie dog

I have been into tropical fish for many years although have just come back after a long break.

I have converted my garage into a mens room ie Tele with sky sports! LTFC memorabilia and of

course a a drinks cabinet!!

This is where my 36x18x15 tank is.

After lots of reasearch here and other sites I decided to really have a go at keeping plans.

I do not have CO2 at the moment but everything is growing well, all be it with hardy plants.

The fish are also very important to me so I am not a complete plantaholic!!

Thanks for reading!
Mark

Re: Mark from Luton

marktown said:
Hi all

I live on the outskirts of Luton and support the not so mighty Hatters.

I have converted my garage into a mens room ie Tele with sky sports! LTFC memorabilia and of

course a a drinks cabinet!!

Mark

Me and you are going to be bestest mates! I used to watch Luton home and away during the 70s and 80s before I left the town forever. What`s happened, because we were doing fine when I left? :lol:

Dave.

Well well well, I suppose after being a member here since its initial setup I suppose it is time I introduced myself!!

Some of you may remember me from the Aquaessentials forum where I was a moderator. I say 'was' purely because Richard has decided to close the forum, mainly due to the popularity of this one I suppose.

I am an Engineer in the RAF and currently Instructing at RAF St Athan near Cardiff. I am married with two young children and my other surrogate baby in the guise of an immaculate Ducati 916 8)

Anyway I have found myself out of the planted scene for a while, due to a recent tour in the Gulf, resulting in me having to shut down my planted setups and having just fish (easier for the missus to maintain in my abscence) Unfortunately I do not currently have any planted setups because my Discus breeding is taking over. However the good news is I am setting up a small planted tank for my boss tomorrow (how's that for brown nosing!!)

I do have plans for future planted setups, but to be honest with a 400 gal Discus breeding setup to care for time is not on my side!

So hi to George, Graeme, Dave Spencer, Ed Seeley, Zig, etc and anyone else that may remember me and of course a big hello to everyone else too! :D

Yeah there was a hell of a lot of good information on there and some absolutely stunning scapes and besides it was the first ever planted tank forum in the UK, but hey ho, life goes on and its all gone now never to be seen again :(

But I am sure all those questions will get raised and answered on here at some time or another.

Slackey

Cheers Ed. The 'tour' was as good as to be expected (well I came home in one piece at least!). I set up my bosses tank yesterday, the first planted tank (I would not call it a scape, he wanted low maint) I have done for a while and he is really impressed. It has sown the seed again and various nano scapes have been blasting through my mind since ...... Hmmm now where's that bag of Amazonia???

Slackey

Slackey said:
Cheers Ed. The 'tour' was as good as to be expected (well I came home in one piece at least!). I set up my bosses tank yesterday, the first planted tank (I would not call it a scape, he wanted low maint) I have done for a while and he is really impressed. It has sown the seed again and various nano scapes have been blasting through my mind since ...... Hmmm now where's that bag of Amazonia???

Slackey

Glad to hear it mate and look forward to seeing the new scapes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back