• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which regulator to buy?

I wouldn't say they're just for larger tanks; they can dissolve co2 and distribute it round your tank more effectively, and also its one less thing inside the tank.

Emyr said:
Hi, Thanks for that. I would be using a ceramic glass diffuser positioned on one side of the tank. Think that that does the job so I will stick with it for now. Why do you need to adjust the working pressure on an inline diffuser?

Sorry I should have said, the inline diffusers or internal mist diffusers produce such a fine mist that they need around 2 bar of working pressure to work

Okay, Could you suggest a regulator that is a reasonable price and has an adjustable working pressure?

I suppose its worth getting one with an adjustable pressure so then in he future if i think about getting an in line diffuser then I will have a regulator to work with it.

Hang on I may have a link to a uk supplier I'll flick through now and post it. I was dubious when I'd first ordered mate but it came fine, and I've had it 4 months now and it's perfect. I have another spare just incase. It took a bit of tweaking to get it right but Its fine and looks nice

Edit: can't find the link sorry

I don't understand what you all mean by working pressure. Say for example you ran at 2bps then you would still have exactly the same pressure going into the diffuser as if you were running at 1 bubble every 3 seconds, how is that even possible to have exactly the same pressure at whatever bubble rate you choose?

Alastair said:
No mate. Those you linked to only have a needle valve to control flow through your bubble counter. Working pressure is different in that it's the amount of pressure at which the co2 flows.
Surely the more co2 flow you have, then the higher the bubble rate?

Hi matt, certain diffusers require different pressure in order to diffuse properly. The bubble count only controls the amount of co2 you want to go into your tank not the pressure at which it is pushed through at. If your reg is set at 1.5 bar pressure, you'll still have that going through whether your at 2 bps or 5. Slowing the bubble rate doesn't alter the pressure through the tubing.
Yes, the more co2 flow you have the higher the bubble rate but that still isn't related to the amount of pressure.
Take a balloon for instance, now firstly try blowing that balloon up very gently but at a steady rate...it wouldn't expand properly right? Now use more pressure by blowing harder but at the sane rate and the balloon fills properly. That's how it pretty much works.
Inline diffusers have such tiny holes to produce the mist that they need a higher pressure to force the co2 through

Back