• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

x4 outlets from a single air pump possible?

basil

Afternoon all,

I'm sure the answer to this already lies within the forum somewhere, but I can't just find the answer sorry.

I'm moving my shrimp tanks into a single and hopefully tidy rack system. I'll have x2 60l tanks on each shelf and i want to try and run both tanks from a single air pump. Each tank will have a sponge filter and air stone, so total of 4 outlets.

I want to run all 4 outlets from a single airpump, but wanted to ask if anyone has done this sucessfully. I was looking at the Tetratec APS 300 pump. Any idea if this will man enough for the job?

Thanks,

Mike.

For years I ran a dual output APS400 pump into 4 air stones. I ran both air outputs into a Y splitter, to join into one pipe and then pipe into some "Algarde 2 Way Gang" valves, screwed to a peice of wood. Quite easy to balance the airflow to get all stones, despite differing sizes, bubling "nicely".

Search Ebay for "Algarde 2 Way Gang", two packs can be joined to make a 4 way arrangement. I got mine from LFS.

Remember to add 4 off one way valves one for each air line.

Currently not using too much in planted tank. Got one output into fish feeder (keeps food dry) and other output, split via Y splitter into both ends of a BoYo air curtain and back of tank.

foxfish said:
/you could rum fifty if the pump has enough power! here are the connectors I use, they are like little works of art... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170906816792? ... 1439.l2649

That's what I'm struggling to understand though. How do you know if the air pump is powerful enough? Typically the manufacturers description just tells you what tank size / litres they are suitable for?

Back