• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new nano tank and first try of a planted garden

Mark666

Dimensions: 22 litre / 30x30x30

CO2: tropica disposable co2 system

Filtration: 200lph internal filter / eheim 350 surface skim

Lights: 3 led stips

Photo Period: first led strip on at 8.30am followed by a further 2 led strips at 12.30pm

Fertilisation: bio life / bio carb

Substrate: tropica

Hardscape: none

DSC_1737_zpsufqwno5r.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mark, Nice plant growth :thumbup: The Co2 system is small and will cost a lot to run in the long term. On my 30cm cube I use a soda stream system refill are £10 and last about 3 months On my 40cm Cube I use a 2kg fire extinguisher I am expecting it to last a year for £27 that's new. You can get out of date ones for a £10.

Thanks greenfinger. Sounds a much more cost effective and better option. I will have a look at getting the equipment and give it a try.

Done a few tests last night and a few more to follow today.

Nitrite: 0,2
Nitrate: 5
PH: 7.5
KH: 3.5-4.0
Hardness was coming out at about 3.5 to 4. I done a more detailed test on hardness measuring in 0.5s instead of 1.I need to get used to these kits but I'm sure I will. I'm dosing easycarbo about just under half ml daily not sure if I should move over to a different fertiliser. I have no stock in the tank just the shrimp and they seem happy enough with moulting going on too.

Back